danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
If danger/u/ were to make a game...

| Hey g/u/rls. Here's a fun activity! If everyone here were to be put in a room, & had to come up with a killer game idea, what would become of it? You can suggest anything about the game you wish, from something as broad as genre, to something as detailed as the rendering of the boots on a specific character. Hopefully, after a bit of messing around, we'll all start agreeing on the basics, & will begin working towards a killer game idea, each person adding something to it somehow.

| I'll go first. Here's something many of us could probably get behind, the overall aesthetic of the design. How does cyberpunk sound?

| I'm pretty sure if /u/ got together to make a game it'd be something like a CYOA Cyberpunk RPG, and probably be called the Prisoner's Dilemma or something like that...

| Catfishing simulator

| Femdom simulator?

| >>409164

And it would have started by some random anon who didn't know what he was doing just going around asking for people who were "interested!"

And then he won't show up to his own discord for MONTHS while expecting everyone to create a game in the meanwhile!

And he won't have any actual skills except writing bad fanfiction!

| Oooh! Oooh! And a third of the group consisting of ACTUAL programmers would leave to start their own group, and then vanish from everyone's minds!

And the remaining people with *actual knowledge* will try to get things organized in OP's stead, before heading out on their own too!

And OP will STILL have accomplished nothing except bringing together people to work together in lieu of being able to do anything themselves!

I'd say that OP is a pretty cool dude!

| >>409352
Henlo

| >>7057a0
Those were good times.

| But, yeah. It's already been done. It went to fucking shit straight away, and the first Discord server has died out (thankfully) after some people split up into two other Discord servers.

Now there's the people over at Traveling Merchant who are actually making a good game, and /u/nion who aren't doing shit.

So I guess I'll just shout out Traveling Merchant. Check them out on Twitter and join their Discord server. The game they're making called Prisoners Dilemma looks awesome.

| ^

| ^

| Trap dating sim

| >>f2e77f Can this niggy get some links? Sounds interesting.

| >>409760
>>/v/407027

| Cyberpunk trap dating sim. I'm all for this. One character will be the short red haired main character from the CYOA Starshio Perhillion thread we had going a while back.

| >>409917

Aww, someone remembered her...

-ACB

| >>410238
You're alive!?

| >>410239

I've never left. ^w^ Just haven't had much time lately.

I've been thinking about continuing the CYOA sometime this, or next, month, if I have time.

| -ACB

| >>410263 ACB!!! I missed you g/u/rl! I was reading through the old thread and realized how great a comic the CYOA would be, so I might end up illustrating a few panels and whatnot. Can't wait for it to start back up! It was super entertaining and fun. Big fan.
- >>409917

| >>410307

<3

I'd love that. ^^

-ACB

| Oh oh!! I have an idea!!I think this would be an interesting video game plot

So the protagonist is a boring person, because she is a robot. The person who made her accidentally made her have a depressed personality and sadly he died shortly after because well chemicals. The protagonist is always searching for hope, for joy, for any other emotions rather than "sadness". And then she starts a journey searching for motivation, happiness, etc.

Genre: I think slice of life would fit

| >>410887 sorry I was short on words... But she's gonna try doing that by learning how to communicate

| I want this \(~o~)/

| /u/nion doesn't get shit done. Oh the irony.

| >>410938
Who're they?

| >>410887 now I'm interested. What kind of video game would it be? There are some pretty interesting platformers that convey epic stories. It could just be a visual novel as well. Ideas?

| >>411072 a visual novel could fit, but maybe we should do some tasks by walking or searching in 3d...but they might not have enough money to do 3d models

| >>411058
One of the "game studios" that spawned from the legacy of the cool dude. There's Traveling Merchant and there's /u/nion. In /u/nion everyone is either busy with work, school etc, don't care or have disappeared.

| >>411132
Thanks, I only knew about Travelling Merchant :o

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1537873796

This thread is permanently archived