danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Witcher 3 kinda sucks

| Boring combat, stuck in Novigrad doing walking cutscenes for 10 hours, the padding gets grating lol "the game gets good after 40 hours"

| combat is badass if you actually invest into skill trees and choose a specialty, definitely more involved than skyrim. story can be blitzed through in 20 hours max.

sounds like you have to get good

| hey i liked Novigrad! combat is complete ass though. i had to up the difficulty and gimping my character by investing in yrden and quen just to give the game at least the resemblence of depth. putting points into any of the offensive signs or learning how to parry makes the combat too easy. its just button mashing attacks, roll away when attacked, or parry when they block. that's all there is to it. the questing, world and mood is great.

| but the slogfest that is the combat brings the games enjoyment down to barely acceptable tier

| elona

| >>935838 >>935841

lmao i love how yall have the same problem that can be rectified by turning the difficulty either up or down

| Combat is okay, it could be better if dodge is less spam-able because I ended up just dodging all the time.

I've never heard people claim "it gets good after 40 hours" whoever told you any game need to be played 40 hours before it gets good should lose all credibility in recommending games.

Also probably need to turn of quest marking because I remember all I did was following the red dot.

| >>935855
Eh, fighting bulletsphonges with bug bites won't make the combat better or more fun. There's a limit to how much more enjoyment you get by simply upping the difficulty level. It doesn't add anything to the combat other than the time you spend on it. It's not like it makes the AI more challanging or anything, it just makes the enemy have a larger health pool while limiting yours.

| but uh, if you enjoyed the combat then i'm interested in knowing which skill trees you invested in since I kinda want to give it a go. i loved every other aspect of the game and would consider it near perfect if only the combat was more engaging.

| Combat defo felt like a slog to go through. What made it okay was the cool abilities and rewards that you would get to make it easier to deal with

| >>935873
I wish I knew what yall meant by the combat not being fun then...i understand if it's not for you but i find it quite fun to soup myself up on potions and then absolutely decimate my way though a bandit camp, or find myself circle strafing to handle one arsehole with a shield and another two with crossbows. it's no Sekiro but potions can make the difference between chipping your dull sword on a troll for an hour and slicing it up in 15 seconds

| >>935873
ad i invested rather boringly into mostly hp, some dmg, lotta magic, upped my Igni high enough to knockback and cause explosive AoE, and went for it

| Man I was so ready to jump into this thread but the thing y'all have issue with is just the combat? I just set it to easy and forget about it.

Am I the only one who just couldn't get into the story? Some good bits here but it feels bland overall. I only start to be invested in the Blood and Wine expansion (which I skipped toward since I was so bored by the main story).

| >>73d0e2 i feel like the story keeps fluctuating between being goos then being boring, like the baron questline was really good, bur then youre sent to novigrad for 10 hours and most of those quests are just walking from point a to point b, talking to someone to get a cutscene saying "go to point c to speak to them then come back to me" you go to c, maybe a little mindless combat if youre lucky, more cutscenes then walking back, quest complete. All for a boring story (at that time)

| >>936015
Yeah the Bloody Baron was a really good one, but it should have been the appetizer before the main course, not the only high in the whole game.

| It's so shit. I want to like it so bad but I've tried and it's just so bad
Like, I can 100% understand why people like it, but it's just not for me at all

| Always has.

| Cyberpunk studio's is just trying to recuperate it's loss due to Cyberpunk 2077

| >>936227 ?!? How do you think they're making that amount of money with a FREE UPGRADE to a 10 years old game that now sells for 10€?

| game is fine but that new patch fucked my pc sideways and made it sound like an airplane
nice lookin grass tho

| Да

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1672947728

This thread is permanently archived