danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Google just killed Stadia

| it's old 11 hours but i found it randomly now.. tbh it's surprising me.. i remember how Google was few months back promoting RE: Village demo to try for everyone, so i thought that it's getting success.. and now this xd

| - Xbox gamepass cheap with extensive library
- Stadia asking for full price game
- No exclusive
- Inaccesible for people with potato internet

For said reasons, most people already consider Stadia to be dead on arrival. It's just up to the companies to shove money keep it stay afloat. And knowing google, they abandon a lot of their projects, so it is inevitable

| It's shocking it survived as long as it did

| My dad's not very happy about this. It's the only gaming platform he has and he really liked it.

| >>900779 it's sad :c maybe you can suggest him Nvidia Now/Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/PS Now Premium.. or maybe some kind of pc handheld like Steam Deck

| >>900797 yeah, there's tons of better alternatives.

| >>900797
Yeah, we've been looking at some of those, but all of them are just for PC if you don't have the console, right? One of the main reasons he liked it is cause he could play it on his TV without needing any console, and idk if there's anything else that's like that.

| >>900863 you can use them with multiple platforms..

Nvidia Now: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/system-reqs/

| Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/supported-devices

PS Now: PS/Windows only

Theoretically is also possible to combine Steam Deck+Dock+Streaming device.. which can be maybe little pricely, but is really ultimate killer from side mobility/performance/price and connectivity xd

| I wanted to suggest mini-pc, usually small cubes or usb-stick, i remember that Intel was making ones with atoms, but they are out of production probably, and everything else is starting since 400€+ with Windows.. I can't see even any reasonable Android mini-pc, only raspberry..

| >>900886
Ah, ty! I think the Nvidia one could be a possibility then. I think his TV might be a smart TV. I didn't realize it had for TV, thought it was only PC and browser and that. I'll let him know!

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1665151589

This thread is permanently archived