danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Should I get a Vita?

|

| Fair warning, the vita store doesn't work anymore (or is being abandoned soon IDR). Love it, but might be a good idea to get another handheld.

| Oh, and memory is a premium.

| If you get it, be ready to either modify it or spend a lot on Vita games. Their rarity goes up.

| Is "ok", if you know what you want play on it, than yes, i can recommend it.. But if you doesn't know yet.. I can better recommend you Switch Lite for same price, or pay little more and buy Steam Deck instead. It's older piece of hw what was little abandoned because of rising popularity of mobile gaming in 2011. You can expect kind of experience as with PSP or (3)DS.. It's sure fun, but not best

| Also if you would buy Vita i strongly recommend to use henkaku/hencore and download Adrenaline for playing psp roms.. also i can recommend pkgj for online backups.. if psn falled or so of course "^^

| >>896697
I agree with this, softmodding is the way to go. There's no point in spending loads of money whenever you have simple solutions to play the entire library given you have the storage for it.

| Hell yeah get a vita

|

| Yes, and play elona on it

| Y E S G E T O N E

| Look at a list of vita exclusive games and see if you like how they look, if they look like games you would enjoy then yes go ahead and buy it.

| Never anything wrong with grabbing a new console, so long as you can afford it and there's a game you want on it. I picked up a Master System just to play Phantasy Star

| >>897215
Are there even any Vita exclusive left that hasn't been ported to other consoles?

| https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_Vita-only_games

Touch My Katamari, I suppose. Otherwise, mostly anime games.

| >>897230 Freedom Wars, Katamari, Soul Sacrifice Delta, etc.

| I think Gravity Rush is a better experience on the vita, as well. That was what made mine worth it.

| Gravity Rush is such a good game.

| Which model of the Vita do y'all prefer?

| The only way I could recommend it; is if you are willing to Softmod with Henkaku Ens0, and get a Vita2sd adapter. After that, the system comes alive; but it's really held back from it's size and battery life.

If you just want to try out all the Vita exclusives, I'd suggest waiting for Vita3K to get better (or try it out right now) or seeing if it isn't exclusive, emulate a different system that has it.

If you just want an ultimate portable system. You should look at the PSP tbh.

| >>898302 rather redundant to consider psp the ultimate portable system when the vita can play psp games?

| >>898538 Does the vita have classics like these? https://youtu.be/0G0LlXv-nyI

| Have this ^^ Hardware it was awesome, but it wasn't so much successful sadly.. and also promised functions wasn't always available and used..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-JdJxcdBEc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkMdi3XBhw

| PS Vita is better buy than PSP i think, you can connect it to internet (PSP not really because of old encryption), it is also having touch screen and can be used also for media.. Also is having better audio than PSP i think, and left analogue stick is better than "flat" stick on psp.. which was honestly little pain to use..

| But only if you will customise it.. and spend time by it.. nice is that hardware is natively able to run any psp game it's don't emulate it.. But Sony really left "handheld race"..

| For playing new games with handheld experience is now making probably only sense Nintendo Switch or handheld pc like Steam Deck, GPD, Aya Neo, One Xplayer etc.. than alternatively phones/tablets with Android/iOS and additionally with some cloud service like Nvidia Now, Stadia, xCloud.. or maybe upcoming Logitech G Cloud.. But Vita is longer unsupported

| >>2e9484 I feel this completely misses the point to why I recommend the PSP over the PS VITA. For a lot of people a "Portable" system is something that you can bring around in your pocket without a big backpack; while still having enough battery power to play games through out the day. Maybe that's just what I'm looking for, but I'd consider the Vita a better handheld then the PSP; where the PSP is better for on the go.

| The Vita simply isn't worth it's weight and lower battery for the small library of additional games it offers. The PSP has a really wide library while providing enough QOL benefits over the Vita for on the go.

| >>899249 about this i didn't thought so much.. than probably is psp also good choose, but still exists things as powerbanks and so.. I just meaned that it can have little bit better use. But with adrenaline you have same library just rised about these what released for Vita. Honestly it was for me must have because of Project Diva X xd also i found Let's Fish! fun and calmful.. but it's about preference of course..

| About weight, i didn't notice much difference.. Vita PCH-2000 with 219 g (my model) is even lighter than PSP-1000 (also my model) with 280 g.. but yes heavier than psp 3000 as i see (189 g).. but now i use Steam Deck (670 g) and i think that i can handle it.. battery with compare to these is in Vita "better", but hw is little more hungry because of architecture (mips vs. arm)..

| But i don't think that it's makes Vita bad, just different.. Honestly i feel little sad that Sony left handhelds, because i really love them.. also it was reason why i bought Vita in 2018.. and when i forget little worse battery, i think that it's cute psp 1.5 "^^

| >>899435 It's called the Vita, not the Zita

| He is probably playing on Elektronika IM

| *She

| You should also pick up patapon!!! It's one of my favorite franchises. And the community is tightly packed.

| >>899888 i can't read cyrilic or speak russian, but i feel that between "Za" and "Pоссию" should have be space. Also "Za" are looking as latin letters, probably you should have to prefer to use latin or cyrilic for whole "sentence"? I'm not sure if you are trolling or being serious about your statement, also about used context, but i'm not sure if it's kind of things what should have be in thread about vidya.. You have still here /new/ or maybe other websites

Total number of posts: 36, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1664766892

This thread is permanently archived