danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Hardest Fighting Games

| Not all fighters are mechanically equal, obviously. You could have something incredibly simple, like SSF2T, or you could have something with more game mechanics to juggle than your brain has RAM to handle, from parries, combos, reversals, ungodly movelists (looking at you, Soul Calibur), and more.

On that mechanical level, what are the most difficult and complex fighters to you?

| Or alternatively, what specific character in a game proves the greatest challenge in especially diverse titles, like Guilty Gear?

| The GG's before Strive were supposedly pretty hard. Also KoF.

| Senran Kagura is the hardest I got.

| Elona

| People bitched about it back in the day but Blazblue is pretty hard

| >>876234 kof felt pretty easy. Certain charas had pretty unique moves, but there weren't a heck ton of teching you have to do like in other games. Which is why I personally feel like skullgirls is the hardest to git gud at.

| >>876293
Tho I agree with the sentiment, I disagree with the "git gud" part.
I honestly would recommend people to play skullgirls as their starter 2D fighting game. It's very complex, but also forgiving. And has a solid tutorial that, even tho it's hard to complete, once you've done it, >you'll be good at fighting gamea.

But it's not weird difficult, like other games like JoJo: Heritage For The Future for instance, tht at is just too hard to even pull special moves.

| Melee

| >>876304 Skullgirls definitely has a high ceiling. Learning to utilize everything is tough as nails.

>>876305 I feel like Melee (specifically, even over other SSB entries) has the most complicated movement, by far. I've ruined more than a few controller sticks just trying to learn

| >>876358
A local fighting game meet up I attend doubles up with a melee meet up and occasionally I hop into the Melee bracket as for a lark. Even compared to some executionally intense fighting games, theres nothing quite like sitting next to a person playing neutral and just hearing them jack hammer their controller for the high level movement Melee's known for. They say they break their pads and I believe them.
>>876168
Angel from KOF.

| Blazblue if you want to learn more than one character
Almost all of them have a unique gimmick that changes how you play a lot

| >>876358
Ok this is true about Skullgirls. I cannot picture someone learning how to play every character. Lmao

| Probably Skullgirls. The game is genuinely really unintuitive to play. It's kinda funny how often it's recommended to people as a first fighting game because of the training mode.

Also anyone posting GG is actually fucking dumb. Guilty Gear literally is build around making combos easy to understand unless you're playing Strive.

| Real life is the hardest fighting game. Here you need yers of practice

| >>877660 Figthing in dream is harder. Somehow my enemy always have a higher reach. It was a fist fight, suddenly I bleed from my stomach. Turns out, he has a knife all along.

| >>877525 i don't see how Skullgirls is more unintuitive than +r...

| >>877525 fair point on guilty gear
It's only really hard if you insist on the flash moves and instakills
Regular old combos are easy to pull off and will get you far

| >>877744 Flashy instead of flash

| My fav fighting game is smash bros, and I absolutely love to make fighting game fans seethe.

| >>877744
This also extends to the system mechanics. At a base level: just know "stuff > combo tool/ender > RC > extension > ender" and you can put in work. This is arguably more powerful in older GG titles (or blazblue) where RC's had no slow-motion tied to them, and you can just pay 50 meter for a mix up. Or 25 meter if you can fireball FRC in +R or YRC in Xrd.

| >>877768
Oh god that formatted like shit

| Probably one of the 2 people in the world who played this game: Dragon Ball Super Sonic Warriors 2.

There was a challenge mode (not story, called Z-Battle) The very last fight was vs an overdosed SS Goku with over power moves that the regular SS Goku didn't have at all.

That was probably one of the first times I felt frustration over a challenge. The same feeling I now get from playing Souls games until I beat the challenge which feels really good.

| >>877759 On the same matter of challenges not intended to be played, love to play Cruel Smash because it's absurd to even kill 1 oponent. I think my record was 5 and from pulling off some really rng shit to make them suicide.

| So I got to play DNF Duel finally, and while its pretty janky and has a lot of issues that need to be fixed/rebalanced (infinites. so many infinites) I think its fairly fun... but also, god is it easy. At least compared to STRIVE.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1656805236

This thread is permanently archived