danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Mojang will now accept reports and ban people from Multiplayer even permanently

| In 1.19.1 they'll add reporting system which will allow anyone to report anyone for anything. I honestly think it's both good and bad. Server owners should be able to opt out of it if they want I think, because servers lile 2b2t will simply lose what the anarchy is all about.

| >using online mode
I have a paid minecraft account and I even consider this a major ishygddt.

| I can't imagine this going over well just because report systems in other games suffer from abuse and the downsides of automation, e.g. mass reporting someone gets them banned regardless of their actual guilt.

| LAN servers over Hamachi will rise again
Hopefully

| >>874325 there is no reason to use hamachi instead of just port for though

| Port forwarding*

| Sounds like a recipe for disaster, there are so so many bad actors hosting Minecraft servers who could easily organize mass reports and get people banned for petty bullshit. No way Mojang could ever handle the sheer volume of reports.

| I like to play pirated minecraft
That'll show'em

| This is only being done so Microsoft can scam more kids into giving them money. No wonder they keep increasing the price of the game. This might end in servers refusing to update their servers to 1.19 at the risk of their playerbase being banned because of salty players.

| >>874383 1.18 becomes new 1.12

| >>874383 easy to say but in practice, people will gradually stop playing because they can't live without new features. meanwhile when I abandoned the game in 2012, it already felt kinda bloated and I simply can't enjoy playing modern versions

| You guys
> I'm not going to play Minecraft because I can be reported and potentially banned
Me
> I'm gonna play with my gf because frogs
We are not the same

| >>875153
>frogposting gf
Worst taste
Might as well be a monogatari stan

| >>875163 Mayioi best girl

| >>875165 Okay pedo

| >>875124

I kinda quit Minecraft for similar reasons. When it blew up, it got sort of tiresome seeing it everywhere, and I wasn't interested in playing with mods since the game was supposed to be pretty lightweight and relaxed. When I started seeing people having *performance* problems just running the game, (not to mention all the drama surrounding le esports etc) I kind of wrote off Minecraft entirely.

Wish Notch had made good on his promise to release the game open source.

| >>875223 when did the performance was ever good?

| >>874228 This is basically how Bedrock (and console editions) have been working since they were released and there has never been an issue from their players (which by the way, the are the big majority of Minecraft players) I would even say it doesn't even work as on The Hive I have seen the same reported hacker many times, maybe they take it serious if it is big.

If you have a problem with people reporting you maybe you should reconsider playing with other people.

| >>875343 rephrasing: reconsider playing online with others

It is okey if you on the street can call someone whatever and nothing happens, but it is bad if you do this and the police comes?

Don't interact with people you don't know how to interact.

| The only problem as other g/u/rls said, it's automation and mass reports, both combined can result in something bad, but again this is what Bedrock has been using already, I doubt they are using a whole new system that works better just for Java... but who knows, it's Mojang

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1656103641

This thread is permanently archived