danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Slice of Life Games

| I'm tired of always having to fight in games. Does anyone got any good slice of life game recommendations? Like shit that's focused on cute little moments, mundanity, conversations with fun characters, etc. Visual novels and farming sims seem to be the only things people mention about this topic. While I love visual novels and farming sims (and would gladly accept recommendations for those), I feel like there's gotta be more good shit out there that I'm missing.

| First game comes to my mind is Boku no Natsuyasumi. Art style is fantastic. You get to play as a boy run around in a Japan suburban doing all the fun activities with other kids or by yourself during summer holiday. It's quite a fun and adorable game.

| I need some games like that too. Still waiting for Nivalis (from the Cloudpunk devs)

| Play Katawa Shoujo

| koikatsu

koikatsu sunshine

| I find some open world games have that chill mundanity energy. Also some sim games. Subnautica. Euro Truck Simulator. The Sims.

In the visual novel-leaning games, I think you'll like Coffee Talk and Neo Cab. There's some plot and light survival mechanics in Neo Cab, but most of the game is just talking with the people you're driving around.

Also, I haven't played any of them, but I'm sure there are a few games about being a shopkeeper?

| Have u tried VA-11HALL-A?

| If you want something a bit more energetic, you could play some Katamari games.
For an artistic spectacle, Journey comes highly recommended. Also see Flower and Abzu.
Harvest Moon is always around for that cute farming experience.
Moon Remix RPG is what inspired the anti-RPG premise, and was officially released in english after... decades...
Donut County is charming and satisfying.

| >>860602
Seconding Donut County, I love that game.

| Elona

| During the earlier stages of the pandemic I fell in love with a little well known game called Wide Ocean Big Jacket. It's a slice of life game about going camping. It's 1,64€ on Steam for another 48 hours or so.

If it sounds interesting to you, you might want to check out some of the developer's earlier games too. They're free and can be found on www.turnfollow.site . I recommend Little Party and Packing Up The Rest of Your Stuff on the Last Day at Your Old Apartment.

| Animal Crossing sounds like a slice of life game when it comes my mind

| OP already said they are tired of Farming sim and VN but people are still recommending them. I swear gamers can't fucking read.

| >>860758
OP... never said they're tired of them? Just wondering if there's more? OP also said "(and would gladly accept recommendations for those)" so apparently it's you who can't read.

| >>860758
>swears gamers cant fucking read
>apparently also cant fucking read
>???
>profit

| A Short Hike is very cute and comfy.

| >>860710
Bought it. Hope it delivers!

| OP here, thanks for the recommendations everyone. I've started getting some of these games, and have wishlisted the rest for later. So far Boku no Natsuyasumi is exactly what I was looking for.
Some recommendations of my own are A Story Beside and The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa. Admittedly Ringo Ishikawa doesn't fully meet my criteria, as there is a bit of mandatory violence, but it's got a lot of great hang-y out-y downtime and shit in it.

| >>860895
I hope so too! If you enjoy it please let me know? I kinda like it and it's a rare game so it's not like I have anyone to talk about it with. The "theme" music is so relaxing and I even put it on my cell phone.

>>861004
The same goes for you! I bought A Story Beside just now btw. I'll let you know what I think about it, if you're interested.

| >>861049 OP again, would love to hear your thoughts on that game. I just finished up Wide Ocean Big Jacket. Absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was spot on. It perfectly captured the feel of every weird camping trip, hike, and vacation I've ever been on. Reminded me of a whole bunch of awkward moments from the past, but in a good way. Exactly the kind of game I was hoping to find.

| >>860521 In a similar vain, you should check out Rainy Season

| To the Moon ?

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1653228839

This thread is permanently archived