danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So MS is acquiring ActiBlizz

| Not an expert on corporate matters, so nothing much to comment on, but being an employee I'd very much rather have Nadella represent my employer than that goblin currently on the seat.

| I really don't like the way the industry is going, gamepass is good now but eventually the same thing will happen to it as Netflix. Every other company will pull their games and make their own services and it'll become more expensive.

| I want Uncle Sam to take his big FuckOff™ stick and bust up Microsoft and all those other scumbag corpos. We fucked up, g/u/rls. The only hope is to return to feudalism. I'm a landowner, so you all can come live on my property if you till the soil and send your sons to join my warband. You would need to submit for weekly mating press sessions as well.

| yeah, for 70 fucking billion. goddamn.

| Normally I dislike the monopoly that the companies create, because it's leading to Netflix. Buuut, Actiblizz needs a change right now, so this is... alright?

I dislike the fact that this deal means everyone accountable for any actual crimes is probably going to get off with a sweet deal... but then again, is better than let it where's at.

| The consolidation of the game industry is terrible and will only result in worse games and worse practice in the long run.

Sure, Microsoft might have the power to kick out Acti-Blizz current abusive leadership, but it makes me sad and angry that this is how it's going to happen. If it's gonna happen at all.

| >>826376 except that miscrosoft has solid line up of games, even if third parties pulling their games, their gamepass still have value. Especially now they just bought blizzard.

Another good line up games are held by nintendo, which already exlusive to their platform. So, if any other company trying to pull gamepass, none will be as successful.

| I'm pretty sure they made a press release stating bobby kotick will remain as ceo. Why do you think they would do otherwise?

| Microsoft now owns the abuses.

| >>826685
It's mostly just hopeful guessing. Like, there's no way MS isn't aware of all the allegations, right? And technically this makes Kotick not the highest position of the company anymore, so *someone* can fire him.

He might still stay on for now for whatever technical reason keep him there, but that can change.

| >>826707 Xbox put out a statement saying they were evaluating their connection with Activision when the allegations came out so I'm thinking this is their response

| Couldn't care less.

| >>826685

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1483497794308558853?s=20

Only up until the deal is closed, then he's out.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1642773778

This thread is permanently archived