danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Binge games

| Games you start playing and realize that it's 4AM by the time you stop. I don't want to think about real life right now. Just zone out for a while.

The most recent games I've played like that are Monster Hunter Rise, Ghost of Tsushima, and Mount & Blade. Kinda burnt out on stuff like Civilization, but I'm down for anything really.

What do you g/u/rls suggest?

| No Mans Sky is like if you can get passed the learning curve. So many ways to get lost in stuff. I played it for like a week till I even released there was a story to follow.

| Civilization and Diablo were the first games I did that with. Look up from the monitor and see the unexpected sunrise.

Lately, the only game I've managed that feat with has been playing PSO with a coworker.

| All of the Persona games suck me in and don't let me go until I beat them. Same with mainline SMT. Modern Yoko Taro games too. When I was a kid, Kingdom Hearts 1 got me through the death of a friend. I binged the shit out of Suikoden I and II. Dark Souls and Nioh got me addicted as well. Kotor I and II, Stardew Valley, A Hat in Time. LotR BFMEII. FFXIV. Many more...

As I write this, I now realize how many games I binge. Sorry for the overkill.

| >>818025 After that big update a while back, I was thinking of getting it. I'm sure I'd enjoy it, tho the setting seems a little lonely. Thanks for reminding me about it.

>>818027 Ohhh, I forgot about Diablo. Haven't played the remaster(remake?) of II yet. That's absolutely a game you easily get lost in. Appreciate the suggestions.

>>818029 Funnily enough, I've played all of those except Suikoden and Nioh. I wonder how active Nioh 2's multiplayer is. Thanks g/u/rl

| Victoria 2, Banished. Used to be Dwarf Fortress, too

| Elona

| >>818088 Dwarf Fortress is something I've only watched from the sideline for years. One of these days I'll actually play it. Never heard of Victoria though. Big discount on Steam too. Ty

>>818105 based Elona poster

| >>818107
>> discount
Don’t. It’s like crack.

| That hasn't happened to me in over a year. In fact I have to force myself to even play and complete games these days. Nothing has pulled me in the past year. So much mediocrity since the pandemic started.

| >>818107
You should definitely play Dwarf Fortress this year! There's plenty of tutorials and sprite packs out there, so go Strike the Earth!

| Subnautica did this for me. I spent entire nights on acid and pot playing that game while completely forgetting about the concept of time.

| The last time this happened was almost a decade ago with Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. Honestly never had this thing happen to me in years. I get burnt out easily if I play for more than 1-2 hours these days.

| Skies of arcadia was one for me, megaman zx, stardew Valley, metal slug series. Honestly too many games over three decades I could binge play.

| Persona 5 had me staying up to 4am for half the summer.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had me sitting there pulling of complicated combos for so many hours so many days straight that I genuinely can recite what button presses (and the timings of them) you need to pull off shit that legit takes 5-10 minutes of constant setting up to do. I wish I was exaggerating.
Hades took the "just one more game" thing to such an insane level for me I started questioning my sanity. It was bad, but fun.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1641187492

This thread is permanently archived