danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
is coffee talk any good?

| i've been looking for some interesting games to buy on steam since the sale started, this coffee talk game caught my attention and it's quite similar to va-11 hall-a in some ways, so i wanted to hear what you think about the game, is it worth it?

| It's short, and not quite as well written as Vallhalla was. The hip-hop beats are nice though, the characters are good. Overall, it is a game I would recommend if you enjoyed Vallhalla.

| Ehh I wouldnt

| It's VERY tame, very chill. If VA-11 Hall-A is spicy chicken, this is salad so lightly seasoned it might taste bland to spicy chicken fans.

Many people seems to like it. As a VA-11 Hall-A fan, I did not, but your palate might be different.

| Making the coffee was fun but the story was boringgg

| Not a fan of the art or the character design.

| It's not something I got super invested in. I loved learning about the various coffee and tea blends/mixes, but it's not enough. I did enjoy it enough to put someone playing it in the background though. Very chill vibes. Probably too chill, so if that's not your cup of coffee (heh), then it won't interest you

| World is not as cool. Shorter etc. Basically a well done diet va11hallA minus cyberpunk but with Fantasy

| >>817735
It's not even good fantasy imo. The fantasy part is just window dressing, it's barely interesting.

I don't want to sound hateful but I'm glad to see lots of you don't vibe with the game either. I thought I was going nuts.

| Playing it for the first time and not my thing. It has its uniqueness though. I feel it's like Valhalla for kids. Writing is too corny

| I enjoyed it the first time around when I was streaming it with friends, but on my own, it just felt kind of meh. Music is top tier though.

| ITT: Gurl realized they love va11ha11a not because of the "serving drinks simulator" but for the art/aesthetic and character/world design.

| Can someone articulate why specifically? Haven't played it but i doubt they have characters that are verbally abusive or sexist. Much less a supa sad personal story for mc. Or robo prostitution.

Is it as simple as pg vs x rated. Like you can tell a good story thats wholesome coffee talk but what does it miss?

| i find it shallow and pedantic

| >>817915
The highest drama in coffee talk involve: someone who wants to quit her day job to write a novel, a couple who can't get together because of their family's culture, and... well there's a cool doctor werewolf who can't control his werewolvism and has a hot vampire not-boyfriend. The only good part of the game imo.

And as some other g/u/rls have mentioned, the writing is shallow and corny.

| And hey if this thread makes you curious about the game despite everyone saying it's meh, then it's worth a play. At worst, it can help you figure out what makes VA-11 Hall-A shine so much.

| It's worth playing, it's just a slow-burn. I feel like the art and writing are still on the first draft. They should have reviewed it more.

| >>817944 Family culture is kinda putting it lightly. The guy's family are elven supremacists, and the girl's family generalize all elves as supremacists. There's newspaper clippings detailing the struggles of a multiracial society, but we don't see any big events that the characters really react to.

Another conflict you haven't brought up is between the catgirl idol and her dad who's really opposed to her manager, whose name is literally Moe Lester lmao.

| >>817972
I'll be honest, I don't remember any of that. Whatever issue their families had, it felt like background noise to how the lovebirds wanted to be together.

And I just remembered the catgirl idol exists. That plotline feels a bit undercooked. Like everything else in this game tbh.

There's also the gamedev couple and the astronaut. The astronaut's thing was fun at least, though I find it corniest of all.

Am I missing anyone?

| >>817974 The cop I guess, but he's just kinda there tbh. I can't say I'll ever forget finding out the relation between the owner and the astronaut though, because that was a bit of a mindfuck out of nowhere.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1640691916

This thread is permanently archived