danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I fucking hate FFXIV

| Now that I've got your attention with that title, let me clarify: I don't mean the game itself. The game is great, most likely the best MMORPG on the market and definitely the best one I've played (and I've played a lot).

No, what I hate is that it's absolutely everywhere now. All my friends are now playing it, a lot of content creators I have been following started playing it, even the ones that had nothing to do with MMORPGs or Final Fantasy before.

| And every fucking one of them treats it like it's the Second Coming of Christ in videogame form. Honestly it seems like some kind of a cult. Even the friends that wanted nothing to do with it and considered the FF series a massive cringefest have tried it and are now shilling FFXIV like there's no tomorrow.
I myself had to drop it around the middle of Heavensward (when it was the only expansion) and even I kinda want to get back into it now, but I can't. So maybe I'm just jealous.

| I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT
MY FRIENDS ON TIKTOK SEND ME FFXIV
ON DISCORD IT'S FUCKING FFXIV
I WAS IN A SERVER, RIGHT. AND ALL THE CHANNELS WERE JUST FFXIV STUFF.
wait i was playing ffxiv nvm

| Just become a loner

| I like it. It's fun.

I've been playing it casually since 2013

| Jesus man it's just a game.

If you're that sick of the fandom, just go to the Minecraft community. Not a single soul gives a shit about some weeb game. Just stay away from the anime profile pictures.

| >>809527
> Not a single soul gives a shit about some weeb game.
You'd think that would be the case, but it's spreading like a plague. At this point even filtering out the weebs doesn't help much.

| So you liked it before it was cool? You liked it before there was a free trial up to level 60 now including the award-winning expansion heavensward?

In all seriousness, this is a weird problem you're having, op. I love hearing my friends talk about how much they love the game.

| >>809545
I dunno, I enjoyed it, and I get why other people enjoy it too, but it kinda gets overhyped and blown way out of proportion now.

| I think you're creating a problem for yourself where there is none. It's no different from disliking Call Of Duty, or Minecraft, or Fortnite: They're overwhelmingly popular games that some people don't understand the excessive appeal of. In the end, the only way to handle that disinterest healthily is to let it pass you by without much thought, as all trends eventually pass.

| Don't choose anger.
Choose apathy.

| can't relate, never touched any MMORPGs

| I was wondering where the ff14 boom came from...
It's nice, and it's great that my friends are playing now too.
Too bad I'm out in the middle of the ocean, and by the time I get back the whole hype will die down, and I'll have to play solo white mage again.

| >>809755 new expansion, a bunch of big WoW streamers switched, and some vtubers started streaming it.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1638702575

This thread is permanently archived