danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Steam Sales Recommendations?

| Y'all got any games you would recommend to pick up from the steam sales? Maybe a hidden gem or a huge sale you think it's 100% worth getting

| Look through the sale and find a game that looks interesting, research it then buy it if you think it's good enough to buy. If you don't want to do intelligent shopping then pick up indivisible, fear, koei tecmo games, deep rock, mass effects LE, wasteland 3, and dragons dogma

| Don't buy, stop supporting the cancer

| Check out Intruder. It's like Rainbow Six but more tactical, stealthy and doesn't take itself too seriously. The community is suprisingly non-toxic and wholesome too.

| >>807711
If you enjoy a certain game and want to see more of it, the intelligent approach would be to support the developers. Stop being a surly boy and have a plum.

| >>807710 there's too many games on sale, i've looked through hundreds of em and found nothing too interesting that i haven't played already. I already have most of the games you mentioned but i might consider getting Wasteland 3 or Nioh...

>>807714 i've heard of it, the reviews mention the low playercount tho, is the matchmaking good enough that you are able to find online matches anyway like in Due Process or does it take ages?

| I've never had any problems finding active servers but sometimes I have to join US east instead of EU.

| >>807715 Buy the game somewhere else. And if the devs didn't bother putting their game on other platforms, then they don't deserve the money.

| >>807719
>nothing too interesting that i haven't played already

How??? How can someone have this problem??? I have SO MUCH games I want to play and the only thing stopping me is my lack of time and money, not because nothing is interesting.

Anyway. What sort of game do you like, op? I have recommendations but they're miles long.

| Maybe it's time to pre-order Elden Ring, thank me later.

| Elona

| >>807742
I have lots of video games and some time to play them, but I'll play like, Baba is You for 20 minutes and I'm. Good. I'm fine. It's maybe two puzzles' worth, but I feel that my video game fix is satisfied and I'm ready to move on.

| >>807742 RPGs like Cyberpunk, Kingdom Come, The Outer Worlds, Baldurs Gate 3... Hack n Slash games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising... I really love Yoko Taro's games. For FPS i used to really be into battlefield between bad company 2 and bf1, now i tend to go towards tactical fps like due process or squad, or classic doom clones like Dusk and Ultrakill. I also really liked the Metro series, the Dishonored series, and the Resident Evil series.

| I used to be reaaally into payday 2 but now it does hit the same, and Deep Rock kinda grew old on me too quickly.
Other games i love include Va11halla (obviously), Life is Strange, Hellblade, Outer Wilds, Sekiro, Darkest Dungeon, Helltaker, Indivisible, Stalker, Ghostrunner, Deponia, Monster Prom, Praey For The Gods, and Forza Horizon

| Not sure if op keep changing id or if there's multiple g/u/rls looking for recs in this thread but either way!

>>807833
Have you played Harebrained's Shadowrun games (Returns, Dragonfall, Hong Kong)? Excellent tabletop-style RPGs. Discount's pretty heavy too.

I see you like Deponia so I assume you're cool with point n click adventure? Cannot recommend Unavowed enough. Judging from what you listed, you'll probably enjoy the story too

| Super benbo quest turbo deluxe is a timeless masterpiece

| >>807843 my id always changes, idk why.

Shadowrun seems interesting, but for some reason i seem to be more attracted to dragonfall. Are the stories connected or are they standalone? Is there one better than the others?

Idk why but unavowed ain't lookin too interesting to me. i loved Deponia more for the humour and style more than the gameplay.

| >>807729 you seem like a fun g/u/rl

Anyways, game Oneshot is on sale. If you like indie stuff, I highly recommend!

| I'm this sales planning to buy Jump Force and SAO: Lost song, but depends about your taste, wished games, games what you don't have yet etc..

| >>807855
They're standalone. You can skip Returns if you want but Dragonfall and Hong Kong both have excellent writing. I say they are equally good but I prefer Hong Kong myself.

>>807833 >>807835
We seem to have similar taste in games. Maybe check out Zero Hour, Natural Selection 2, Pulsar: Lost Colony, Starcrawlers, Noita and Disco Elysium.

| And Hylics. Don't forget to check out Hylics.

| >>807884 what did i just watch? What even is Hylics?

I already know of Noita as i watched GirlDM stream it often and Disco Elysium was already on my radar, i kinda wish the price dropped a wee bit more but i might consider getting it now

| In the meantime i picked up Death Stranding and Sable.
I am sooo confused by DS's cutscenes but the game is nice so far. Still have to try Sable

| >>807845 amazing rec thank you <3

I'm recommending One Step From Eden like always.

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1637976691

This thread is permanently archived