danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
New Nintendo Membership price

| So they finally revealed their triumph card.
50$ so we can play N64 games on a crappy emulator they prolly took from some site online.

... so is Nintendo just wanting to commit social and economical suicide or am I missing something here?

| Nintendo: Keep adding sugar, they sure won't notice.
And literally you can see 50% vs 50% like/dislike and that 50% is enough for them to keep raising the prices more and more. The same rule why Gatcha games work.

People should stop agreeing to give away money for no cause. Better waste your money investing.

| Nintendo's fanbase make it possible. And that's awful

| Starting to think Nintendo is just working on a higher plane of existence than the rest of us. They probably think 30 USD is peanut.

| I bet some Nintendrones from that Kirby post here will come here now to defend this price.

| If there is a lesson that can be taken from gacha games; it is that the most greedy and financially secure game with no competition in the market can budge a bit if the community go against them and burn with them.

Unfortunately nintendo fans are not as united and more understanding. Paid online subscription, controller drift, limited game sales; as long as these crappy deals are inserted bit by bit while releasing good games, not only fans accept them, they'll also defend them.

| >>795065 Nintendogs are one of the reason why Nintendo's become anti-consumer. They eat up whatever shit they come up with.

| Well, thankfully this shit is optional. Also I'm like 90% sure that Animal Crossing DLC was definitely considered when calculating the price for this plan, which must be really fun for anyone who does not play or even care about Animal Crossing. Like me.

>>795065
See, here's the issue though. They really do make some pretty good games, sometimes. Or publish some pretty good 3rd party titles, or get some juicy exclusivity contracts with 3rd parties, doesn't matter, same outcome.

| Paid online subscription definitely sucks, I haven't even bought it after a year and a half of owning a Switch, thankfully I mostly enjoy single player or local co-op games; limited sales also suck as well as game prices in general (thank god for second-hand physical copies); controller drift is pretty bad, but thankfully not too hard to fix, or get a different controller in the first place if you're mostly playing docked like me. But, like, what can you do. Not buy the games? Nah.

| >>795092
Huh, I just realised the premium subscription does include Animal Crossing DLC. The price feels less disturbing then.

Still pricey though. And yeah, if you don't play AC and just want the virtual consoles, then lol lmao.

| >>795095 Paid online sub sucks yes, but the reason why NSO is terribly shittier than PS+ or Gamepass is because those two gives you access to actual modern games including AAA ones rather than 20-30 year old game you can play on your phone for FREE using an emulator.

They also give you monthly discount on numerous games including triple A games. Compared to that NSO gives you access to a shitty MP and some old ass game you can emulato on a mid-end phone without any problems.

| >>795103 the thing is, most people interested in AC are not interested in N64 or Megadrive. And people who is interested in N64 and Megadrive won't be interested in AC

Specially if they are literally saying you have to pay more than once to keep that DLC for years. Animal Crossing already has more sales than NSO users, but the few blind people who will fall for it is the target, or N64 fanatics, anyways they are getting money one way or another.

| Nintendo is for children and manchildren, always has been and always will be. You can not expect them to put their foot down ever.

| >>795180
Regular NSO is kinda whatever, at 20 bucks a year it's not that big of an issu, compared to PS+ at $60 too. Plus that's about the only way (outside of maybe virtual console) to play those old games *legally* without it costing an arm and a leg.

>>795274
Cool story, sis.

| >>795297 I am fine with regular NSO. $20 a years for MP is expensive, but meh whatever, I'm fine paying it. But a $30 increase in price for just N64 games is an abhorrent pricing and no one should be buying it (yet they will because Nintendrones).

Sorry but I don't want to support shitty anti-consumer corporations *legally*. I shall emulate these games and tell everyone to do the same. Acts like this i why piracy exists.

| Having N64 games on Switch is worth money imo, but going from the cheapest online service of any consoles to trying to match the others? Not a huge fan.
It's still cheaper than the PlayStation one. Theirs is outrageous. But, that doesn't make it good imo. Like, if they just dropped the N64 emulator for a one time price of $50 I'd probably be fine with it just because I don't have anything to properly emulate N64 games on. But yearly? That's scuffed.

| >>795477 N64 games are valued officially by Nintendo for 10$
As much as Sony sucks, the value is significantly greater compared.
The only value N64 has is nostalgia. They are horrendous games to be sell in 2021 with engine-lag-simulations compared to anything PS+ can offer. At least Snes games didn't age that bad because they weren't pushing the console's limits.

| >>795477
The thing about PlayStation is that you pay 60$ and you get to play many 60$ worth games. Sure, only for a while, and not on their latest releases (looking at you Persona 5) but you still get big titles.
Nintendo is only adding N64 games that teenagers online can emulate for free... why would you pay for that? I'd rather take PS over that.
... or the clearly supperior Microsoft gamepass...

| >>795508 >>795511
As I said, I have nothing to emulate N64 games on, so I'd be willing to pay a one time fee to have access to a big library of them on a console I can use.
Is that a controversial opinion?
I travel a lot so I can't bring my PS4 everywhere. Only computer I have is a shitty MacBook that I got essentially for free years ago that can't really run games. So I wouldn't mind buying it if it wasn't a subscription because it's the only way I'd have to play those games.

| >>795522
It's cool that you have enough disposable income to pay for all your games, even these old ones, but you should know that 20 year old computers can run N64 games without hickups. Your MacBook can easily emulate N64 games with Openemu, Mupen64Plus or Sixtyforce since they all have MacOS versions.

| >>795533
Well, I don't really. Even if it was a one time fee I'd have to save up for it for a little while. Kinda jobless at the moment and need to prioritize a lot of other stuff above vidya.
Thank you for the tips though. I have almost unplayable levels of lag in lowest graphics CS:GO and when I tried to emulate GameCube games it just wouldn't run them.
Might try again next time I have my laptop then.
But, well, I still have the same opinion.

| Like, obviously I wish it just wouldn't cost money or at least barely anything. Adding that for free as part of the normal subscription thingy would be ideal. But, well, if I company can earn money off of something that costs them essentially nothing then they're going to. So, if they at least kept it to a one time fee I'd be fine with it. But making it that expensive yearly is fucked. It's straight up mean.

| >>795477 nintendrone detected.

>>795522 you have a phone you daft dumbo. Use mupenb or retroatch, they emulate N64 games without any hick-up.

| People like this nintendrone is why Nintendo does shit like this. Like fuk off. I hate people lile you.

| Like mofo thinks he has nothing to emulate n64 games on when a potato phone these days can emulate it.

| >>f37c7d
... The people you replied to clearly said that what Nintendo is doing is bad. Calm down, g/u/rl.

| >>795656 >>795658
Imagine playing games on the phone. I guess you can, like, hook up a wireless controller if you have one, because fuck touchscreen controls, but then the screen is still an issue. All in all a very poor substitute still.

I do wish Nintendo would actually sell N64 games, but for cheaper, like $5-8, about the same as their Virtual Console stuff was.

Also this "nintendrone" you're so quick to accuse literally said the subscription sucks and is a shitty practice???

| >>f37c7d
Damn. Performing a whole ass drama on your own. I literally agreed with you an you go off the fucking wall.
And, no. I'm not playing them on my phone. I don't enjoy playing games on my phone. Can't see shit and the controls give me a cramp after 15 minutes.

| >>795477 you have a console, but not a phone, computer?

| I never understood console users. I always emulated on PC. I can emulate everything up to Wii. My only console is a PS3 on which I have a jailbreak and emulate PS1 natively, and PS2 via the softmod. I have over 20 games that aren't on PSN and only one has slowdowns sporadically. It is wonderful. I only pay for my hardware. Why would I pay $60 for a game, while a whole console costs that much?

| I understand that the market has to keep on going, but no one will feel it if just a small percentage of users pirates.

| >>795705
Learn to read

| >>795709 never

| >>795721
Fair

| >>795706 You are based my g/u/rl.
All hail (Potato) PC masterrace!
I mean that seriously. A single potato pc can emulate almost half or even more consoles that Nintendo have. And not only nintendo's consoles!
It can also emulate Playstation up to 2 or 3 even.
Also, all of those emulated games are free. Thanks to the Chad Pirates.
Sail the digital seas with me comrades!!

| Yeah ok but, playing games on the bed though

| >>795778 Steam Deck, phone, Android tablet, Smart TV, Wii, Wii U...

| >>795793 said Android by accident I guess mac can do that as well

Also add Laptops

| The only point I give here is the fact that, whether you like it or not, emulation is not official. So wanting to get a subscription to officially own those games is...

Nah, still stupid. You are not stealing from anyone when Nintendo is already stealing fron you with their unnecessary fees.

| >>795706 >>795707 LET'S FUCKING GOOO
consoles are dead since 2000's

| >>795793
Yo who the fuck got a Wii set-up in their bed? Just imagining that is fucking hilarious.

| Also, why is it so hard for people to comprehend that not everyone has every single device in existence and has no preference of which one to play games on? Sometimes it's not even a preference. Like, I like the PS4, but the PS4 controllers give me really bad hand cramps and the Switch one I have doesn't, so if a game is on both I'll obviously choose Switch since then I can actually physically play it.
I feel like I'm alone in this problem sometimes. Is that not a thing for y'all?

| >>795813 Ehh I kinda suffer from that too. I can only play with PC keyboards so I play with emulators. It's pretty convenient tho, I can play almost every console game.

| >>795662 no the person said he's ready to pay for shit if its Nintendo. He said it's "worth it". Don't blindly worship a corporation to think a shitty thing like this is "worth it".

| >>795954
If you haven't learned to read that's fine, I don't judge. But don't make shit up to pretend like you can. You're embarrassing yourself.

>>795879
Damn. Lucky.
Keyboards aren't the worst for me, but they kinda fuck me up sometimes. Almost like RNG when I touch one.

| >>795987 you sound lile you have a pretty awful hand

| >>796006
I honestly do. It's been a problem for years now and I've never figured out why. Sometimes it gets so bad that my hand starts hurting from holding a fucking glass of water. It's depressing.

| >>796020

>pats

| >>795987 talk about yourself. He said "Having N64 games on Switch is worth money imo".

| >>796504
>He said
This is me >>795477
You're literally referring to what I said earlier. I'm the one who said that having N64 games on Switch is worth money. I never said I'm happy about the pricing, I very clearly said that I don't like the way they're doing it and it's not worth buying as is, and that the most I'd pay would be a one time fee of $50 which I clarified I wouldn't be happy about. Just not too mad.
Are you done embarrassing yourself now or do you want to continue?

| >>796504
Based necropost(not)

| Someone made a great point once. People are no where near as critical of Nintendo because instead of a massive corporation they see it as an UwU toy company whose your nice friend who gives you a warm cuddle when you feel down.

This mindset is part of why Nintendo discourse is so poisoned.

| >>796519 So yeah fanboys have formed this weird parasocial relationship with Nintendo.

| >>796519
People doesn't give a shit. That's why you don't hear anyone but youtself cry about Nintendo. You're the only one wasting your enery on such inane nonsense.

Besides, who the fuck axed you anyway?

| Also, it's kinda sad that you changed your ID and started whining about off-topic nonsense just because you got pwned as >>1425a9

Stop embarrasing yourself ffs

| >>796522 hoes mad

| >>796523 Also you have me confused for someone else I only just posted in this topic today.

| >>f37c7d >>0c3848 >>1425a9 >>c6db63
Same guy is same

| >>796527 everyone who disagrees with me is part of a conspiracy by Steve next door. Fuck you Steve you peace of shit

| You're such a fucking attention whore it's making me cringe

| >>796531 It's cringe to call out cringe

| >>b3589f shut up, me. Stop pretending to call out other people when I know only I posted in this forum.

Total number of posts: 62, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1634950063

This thread is permanently archived