danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Game recommendations that nobody know

| Self explanatory title

| If I recommend them here, then people will know, and my post will be void.
Nice try.

| >>792537 Just post the title of a game you are making, then change the name.

| Project Kat

| Irisu Syndrome. It's a psychological horror romance tragedy physics-based Tetris-like game.

| >>792578 gurl thats a stretch. Sounds interesting though

| In a good way*

| Eragames, most people don't bother because it is a text based game and partially translated. But you can easily lost hours just messing around.

EratouhouTW give you timestop power in touhou universe, so yeah, nust imagine what you can do.

Eramegaten plays like SMT 1&2 on crack. fusing elements from SMT, Persona, and Digital Devil Saga.

| Minecraft

| >>792627 Weird way of spelling Mein Kampf.

| >>792646 You've been on danger/v/ for two minutes and you're already playing bad games.

| >>792578 what the fuck

| Utopia don't remember the dev but search for Tosiaki translations for more obscure Japanese horror RPGs
Mix Ore by Charon
VJideo Tennis by Daniel Foutz
Flesh, Blood and Concrete

| Utopia is more wholesome than horror. Very light of the horror, mostly just a charming short story

| Ohh I know another recommendation!
Mogeko Castle!! I loved that bloody game!

| Wide ocean big jacket

| Disillusion - Free game. Turn-based RPG. First-person dungeon exploration. Lots of abstract, absurdist, and surrealist themes. It's not an amazing game, but it is very neat.

Eastern Mind - Find a download somewhere. Point'n'click adventure. Feels like drugs, good and bad. You'll get what I mean.

Heaven Will Be Mine - Sci-Fi Visual Novel. Very lesbian. Technically deals with mecha pilots in space, but it delivers a very different experience (romantic, sexual, emotional).

| Not Elona, good bye

| I've posted about it here before but I never see it anywhere so it counts.

Eldritch.
It's a game that haunts me, but in a good way, but I think it's some sort of curse, but, I don't even know at this point. Just play it.

Then there's gift. I mentioned it in the recent horror game thread, but, like, barely anyone has played it and it's a horror game that freaks me out in a very unique and eerie way and it's just, like, good. Short and sweet but scary.

| >>792785 I couldn't find that game you call "gift", I couldn't find it anywhere. If you have a link to the game could you share it please?

| glory of heracles

| Simutrans-extended - shockingly, a trsnsport (management) simulator. I like the way it handles historical change over time and has more realism than many

Allegiance - starfighter fps—rts. Honestly i don't play it these days but have come back to it every few years for a long time. I think it has a lot of charm, enjoy the teamwork and it also runs on my potato computers

| >>792787
Oh, sure. That doesn't really surprise me. It is, like, obscure obscure.

Here's the PC version:
https://ahopness.itch.io/gift

Here's the mobile version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ahopness.gift

I prefer PC because of the lack of HUD, but that's just personal preference.

| (And yes, I have the links saved because I have a hard time finding it myself.)

| In mean... if it's called "Gift" it's not surprising.
Is like the game House. That name doesn't help you finding it on google xD

| >>792871
True. First time I searched for the mobile version it only showed 50+ gift card apps. I had to search "GIFT horror game" for it to come up.

| knock knock is a sweet little horror game
also anatomy is a good indie horror

| >>792859 Thanks you for the links!

| Brigador

| Among Us

| >>792680
Those all seem very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

| The Everloom is a really good forgotten flash game that u should check if u have an emulator. Its a puzzle game set on a dream like sky island so if atmospheric stuff is your jam try it out

| >>792578 Had that on the backlog to complete my set of games with meta narrative.
On that note, I recommend Off.

And if you want to try out kusoges, or Japanese B-list games, there's Kiss or Kill: Gaijin Charenji. Short game. Really scuffed. Not just weird, but totally random. If you know what the story's about, please tell.

| Kuon by FromSoft. Horror gem.

| nobody knows amogus

| Terra Nil is kinda like a logistics version of a puzzle game about restoring the ecosystem. it's very cute and it's free on itch.

| Kind of rough putting a game here that Polygon made a video on, but Defcon. I consider it Introversion's finest game in terms of both gameplay and atmosphere; the tenseness of quite literally ending all life on Earth (while trying to, somehow, protect your own landmass) is palpable and makes for wonderful competition. Back in the day it even had a lively mod scene~

| Among Us

| Songs of Syx

| The Neverhood: original, fun and still very much playable if you don't mind the crunchy quality.

| >>792578
I just played it... and certain thing that happens in the game gave me a pretty good scare.
The funny thing is that a friend of mine once uploaded a video screaming at the exact same part years ago... and I laugh... and now I'm paying for it. Nice.

| Metaware demo

| >>795044
Hehe, that part is very well executed, isn't it? And though it seems like the end, there is actually a lot more to the game if you keep playing.

| Here is one I don't know why I don't hear more about.
Noita!
It's on sale right now too.

| >>795503
Awesome game. I'm 56 hours in and it feels like I've only scratched the surface.

| >>795503 Noita!!! I love that game! I love tinkering with the staffs and their spells!

| Superliminal, this game is perfect in every fucking way, specially if you like puzzles or have ADHD. The OST is fucking superb too

| Monolith

| >>795553
The sheer force of my retardation stretched some of the easiest puzzles out to like ~1 hour.

Also, check out Dr. Glenn's Alternate Dreams on Bandcamp if you love the music.

| Katana ZERO

| Elona 2

| >>795518
I only have 10 hours but the game has surprised me a lot already. I like games that reward you for doing stupid crap

>>795551
Making new wands is awesome... until it's time to test them and you realize you chose the wrong type of black hole spell one second too late.
I need to make a compilation of stupid deaths or something xD

| Games nobody knows? Easily, Ghost Trick (DS, iOS) — Interesting puzzle gameplay with one of the best plots i've ever seen. You died, and you need to investigate your own death by manipulating objects ("Ghost" into them, and then "Trick" them) and exploring the locations. I can't tell any more without spoilers, so check it out using an emulator or playing it on iOS.

| RONIN (PC) — A turn-based action cyberpunk game where you execute your revenge by jumping on walls and into the enemies. Its creator calls the game "A Gunpoint Ripoff" (Also try gunpoint, its a noir puzzle game utilizing the same jump mechanic and also has a hacking mechanic, allowing for some crazy stuff), though in reality, there is much much more action in RONIN.

| Going Under (PC) - a roguelike set in modern times about an intern trying to live a normal life and get a job. Its full of humor, satire, and the gameplay loop is great. It has a lot of replayability - even though there are only 4 (?) dungeons. Its not that unpopular, just in my opinion it deserves much more attention. The devs did not get enough money from the game, so they stopped making updates. Even without the planned content, the game is fully complete, and you should play it

| ragnarok battle offline

Total number of posts: 56, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1634701180

This thread is permanently archived