danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any new indie games you g/u/rls are playing?

| I don't actually have the time/cash to play a new game but I just really want to know more about the games that are out there.

Not gonna argue the definition of "indie" here. Just show me what you have.

| Among us

| Among us

| Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut.

| I'm still waiting for an indie game called Eastward. It's coming out in a couple of days! I don't know much about it, I just saw the world & sprite art and was immediately sold. There's action, exploration, and dungeons, so I assume it's a Zelda-like. But hey I could be wrong. I welcome a few surprises.

| I'm gonna play the new DLC of Outer Wilds, expecting the best from its amazing devs

| >>788000
Oh yeah! I've been waiting for Eastwards for years now, though to be honest my interest has waned at this point. Not gonna buy it on release, but I hope it ends up a great game.

>>788004
Been meaning to play Outer Wilds for a while. Have heard so many good things about it.

| >>788053 Oh I've heard good things about eastward! I'll give it a check soon.

I'm glad that you want to play Outer Wilds! Personally, I love to describe it as a game that I won't forget in my entire life. And I mean that truly. Hahahaha is one of my favourite games I've played!

| I've playing a lot of Stardew Valley, and I do mean a lot, I should seriously stop

Also Picross but I don't know if that counts as an indie

| Picked up Kitaria Fables recently. It's a slow roll, but it feels like Rune Factory and I love that.

Did a second playthrough of Sayonara Wild Hearts (had it for Switch originally, then I got that fancy Annapurna collector's box for PS4. Outer Wilds coming next), and had just as good a time with it as my first playthrough.

Tried out the demo for Unbeatable... fuck, that's a fun one. Music is awesome. But definitely recommend disabling some of the VFX, because it's disorienting.

| Elona

| I've been playing a lot of The Void Rains Upon Her Heart again recently. Idk, bullet hell games help me cope with stress and it's a really good one -w-

| I recently got Voidtrain!
I saw a youtuber play it and it just clicked on me. Is pretty fun, although is also on very early access.

... I haven't gotten a game in such early access before so is mind of an interesting experience.

| I have been playing Wildermyth. It's really pretty mediocre, but also hard to get bored of, which is not a terrible combo. I guess I recommend it?
Prior to that I made an attempt at playing Cruelty Squad, which is a very good game but I had to stop due to headaches from looking at it. So, the opposite problem!

| >>788121
Oh damn, this game is rad. Thanks for recommending it!

| I've been playing Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight a fair bit. Super good game. Really short, but I've been learning the speedrun for it and it's a super fun speed game!
I also just got Townscaper! I know it probably barely counts as a game and I haven't opened it yet, but that's not because I don't want to. It's because I know that as soon as I open it and start making cute little towns a whole day will pass in an instant. Just seems like the most fun and relaxing thing ever.

| >>788256
Townscaper looks like a really pretty game from afar and it's fun seeing what other people can make with it, but I know I'll get bored of it pretty quick. You shouldn't put it off like that, though! Give the game a try!

| Townscaper is one I honestly view as a D&D tool more than a game

| amogus

| >>788256
RUtM is one of my favourite games! Did you know that there's a sequel coming out soon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkRtc8uKV_M

| >>788242 Ayyy glad you vibe with it :D

| Eastward just dropped, for everyone who was talking about that game.

>>788267
No, I actually have stuff I need to do. I don't want my first experience with it to be dissatisfying because of little time.

>>788278
Hehe. Understandable.

>>788324
I did actually! Found out about it a few days ago! It's super exciting!

| EASTWARD JUST DROPPED BOIS AND G/U/RLS!!
I've been waiting for this moment.

| Ministry of Broadcast is pretty rad. Man I love platformers.

| Let my girlfriend family share my steam library and she spent the rest of the day playing BPM

| Greak: Memories of Azur is a really cool platformer where you control multiple characters, sometimes even at the same time. Plus it look pretty cute.

| this is the police is good

| >>788353 I'm a few hours in, this game is gorgeous!!! I'm digging the world and Zelda-like dungeons.

| >>788553 woah that sounds awesome!

| Metallic child is one i just started playing a bit like a megaman rouge like

| >>788357 >>788403 >>788599
Ooh, games I haven't heard of before! Thanks for pointing them out, g/u/rls.

To add to the thread, I've been playing OPUS: Echo of Starsong, a narrative game with some really intricate space opera world-building. I highly recommend it for, uhh, people who like reading lore, but the main story is also very good.

| still playing the online beta for Petal Crash... it's the only game that runs reliably on this crap-top. i still need to finish Axiom Verge as well

| Been playing Yuppie Psycho, great game with Garoad's music B)

| Been playing a game called Vintage Story. It is kind of like Minecraft since it was made by Minecraft modders who wanted to take their mod further. Kind of imagine Minecraft though you are having to advance through ancient history in a world who's civilization has fallen. Finally have gotten a farm in the early stages and pottery made. Hoping to finally get into the copper age soon. Along with find new vegetables and foods.

| I recently played Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk, is a very short visual novel, you can complete it in 15 to 20 minutes. You can buy it for less than a euro on Steam

| >>789201 also, the dev is working on a secuel, apparently is already finished and is in testing stage now

| >>8cc399
Sounds stupid

| >>8cc399 I've heard great things about that game!

| Okay but Here Comes Niko though? The visual style is *really* hit or miss (mostly miss for me tbh, same for the story), but the movement is extremely fun, and it's very relaxing. A great platformer all in all, if maybe a tad too light on the difficulty, I wouldn't mind a couple more extra optioanal challenges that don't interfere with the main game thrown in.

| Eastward

| One Step From Eden. Can't get enough of these card battle games.

| Potion craft

| >>789886
I need to buy that. Played it so many times back when it was just a demo, and just that was fucking sick.

Total number of posts: 43, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1632491800

This thread is permanently archived