danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What are your thoughts about Doki Doki Literature Club Plus+ ?

| I haven't played it yet, although I played the original base game a lot of times.

| The new side stories are amazing, not sure about everything else though.

| Base game wasn't really good, don't see what would change that in the +

| Never heard of the series, but I hate math games so I decided to skip it.

| Unless you're a die hard fan of DDLC, or you love the dokis, it's definitely not worth the 15 dollars. The side stories are basically just stories of the girls forming relations with each other (which is really weird if you factor in what DDLC showed)

Other than the side stories, the base game is unchanged.

Also the new metaverse bullshit they're pushing is the most terrible retcon ever. Monika (or rather Monitor Kernel Access as they're calling her in the e-mails) turning out to be an AI that was given omnipotence to see what happens just for the sake of "collecting data" was a terrible writing decision imho and an even worse retcon.

The entire game feels kinda like a prelude to either Libitina or some other game Dan is planning to make. They're talking about a level 2 "VM" with either a new version of Monika or a completely different character called Marla.

tl;dr if you love your doki and you want to see more of her, go ahead, otherwise there's little to no point in buying ddlc+

| >>771633
Damn, I actually liked the older, simpler explanation of you-know-who's (I forgot how to use spoilers, please bear with me) character a lot more.

The side stories are really great and extremely wholesome, even if a bit weird in the context of the main game. You can easily watch them elsewhere though if you're not interested in everything else the new edition offers.

| Wasn't the original free? It's probably worth a couple bucks considering the waves it made.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1625864917

This thread is permanently archived