danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's the longest (time to complete) game in your backlog?

| That game you keep putting off because it's just such a mountain of time. Not talking about 100% completion or anything, just time to beat the main story. Will consider certain multi-entry titles as one game (I.E. Mass Effect Trilogy, .hack sets, Trails of Cold Steel, etc.).

Dragon Quest VII is a close tie, but the Xenosaga trilogy intimidates me the most. I want to see through the entirety of KOS-MOS's adventure, but I'm sure I'll ever make it past Episode II.

| I would say the entire Trails series should count as a single title, not just the separate arcs. So probably that.
Fire Emblem Three Houses is probably the longest singular game if you count *all* the routes.
If we're talking about the longest single playthrough, then either Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Octopath Traveler.
Loving JRPGs is both a blessing and a curse, really.

| Like, by hours played? Fire Emblem 3H took me 110 hours, single route, and about 400 for all routes + DLC (I took my time though). Persona 3 and 4 took me ~100 hours each. (I have never beaten P5).

Breath of the Wild apparently took me ~100 hours, but it's because I messed around a lot. Octopath Traveler was relatively shorter, at about 80 hours.

If you mean time between when I started playing and when I finished it, the original Persona 4 took me 8 years.

| I've never put a game off because I'm scared it'll take too long to beat. If I have the game I just play them, you know. I never think about how long it's gonna take if I'm having fun.

Game's length has stopped me from *buying* a game, though. Anything above 20 hours is a turn-off these days.

| I mean, by P5 save file got lost, so, it's probably that right now.
After that it's Octopath, Valkyria Chronicles and FFVII Remake.

| FFVII for the ps2.
I don't want to grind for the final boss and you can't make me.

| Surprise surprise, I haven't played witcher 3 yet lmfao

Played 2, it was good fun, sunk a good ~50 hours into it, but 3 is probably gonna take me a while haha

| Elona

| Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm 30 hours in and but I'm nowhere close to finished.

| Nier Automata... I swear I have to play it!

| >>768983
How funny is that, huh? I almost never buy games that are shorter than 20 hours long

| >>769443 oh man, i'm 100 hours into Valhalla and im only like halfway through... That game is ridiculous, the story isn't even that long they just chopped it up and spread it in different points of the map and added a shit ton of filler. It just ain't fun anymore after a while

| >expecting anything good out of an Assassin's Creed game

bruh

| >>769520

To be fair, Assasins's creed 2 was REALLY good.

But as with every other good game, corps milk them dry until they are unrecognizable.

| >>769482
I like to play a large variety of games and longer games mean I get to play less game, which makes me sad.

>>769494
Man, this is why I almost never beat open-world games. Either the game's fun to fool around in, in which case I'll pour so many hours but never actually do the main story. Or the game's no fun and I'll drop it before beating the story.

| Do mods count? if so Zelda OOT 3D randomizer, my 3DS says I have played 477 hours

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1625063920

This thread is permanently archived