danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Nintendo saved E3

| Pretty much as the title said, Nintendo really hit hard this year - especially considering how disappointing the rest of it was.

Seriously, wtf was the Verizon conference? Whoever planned that should be fired

| Nintendo reaffirms its title as King of Games.

| While a lot of the announcements from them were ports, remasters, or something close, they chose good timing for the major announcements. Can't say any of it was underwhelming, and the weight of a new mainline Metroid title, along with some tasty BotW 2 tidbits, carried the torch.

It feels like they're holding out a bit to keep their own ball rolling as the year moves forward.

| I'm more of a Nintendo user, but you have to recognize Microsoft's presentation was really good (and better) even if you don't care about those games. 1 hour and a half of 29 announces, Nintendo only 10 and few of them were already known.

The wholesome presentation got more Switch games than Nintendo's presentation.

| E3 2021 was topped by Microsoft and Devolver and if it weren't for Botw2 and Metroid, Nintendo literally would be on a similar mediocre situation to Square Enix and Capcom. (They didn't even show No More Heroes 3 while they did at TreeHouse)
A bunch of niche games matter to a niche audience. WarioWare, Advance Wars (specially toonified) and SMT V are not relevant as much as you like them.
There was nothing big from Nintendo.

| Fuckinnng Metroid 5 baybeeeee! Finally got a release date for SMTV, as well as some juicy (as juicy as turn-based JRPGs get at least) gameplay. More info about BOTW2 is also good, and Advance Wars was an unexpected but definitely welcome surprise, even though I don't really like the new 3D style *too* much.

| >>766795
While I agree that Microsoft's presentation was somewhat better (even if not my personal favorite), lumping Nintendo in with the complete fuckups that Square Enix and Capcom "presented" this year is unfair at best.

| Still no Bayonetta 3

0/10

| Oh shit, wait, Bayo is not related to Nintendo, it's Sega, isn't it? I'm a fucking dumbass

| Real shit though

>>766863
Well, I mean, Nintendo basically owns Platinum at this point. They're not with Sega anymore. So, like, it's Nintendo, but not really? Nintendo just gives them the funding and shit and then get their name on it when Platinum is finished with it.

| Nintendo holds the trump card for announcements with their classic franchises. New information for games and series that people are fondly familiar with tends to ring in the ears better.

| Still no Xenoblade Chronicles X

0/X

| >>766947
That was honestly the only thing I was feeling hopeful for when it came to that direct, but to be fair the shit that they did show made up for that.
I still want it though, but, when we're getting that many bangers back to back I can wait.

| No More Heroes 3 baybeeeeee

| >>766795
To be fair, they couldn't show NMH3 during treehouse because of the game's content. They uploaded a whole thing about it with lots of new info to YouTube when treehouse started, though.

| >>a727a7 I did see Microsoft's, it was good, but I prefer Nintendo. I. I am biased as Nintendo fan - but I feel like a lot of what they showed hit harder. Microsoft/Bethesda showed good things too.

Capcom was decent - although it was short.

>>767046 Also mentioned this but to add on, Nintendo has to be careful for what they show of NMH3. They do have an adult audience too, but showing too much for kids is bad. It's why they did Smash x Travis for his mii costume announcement too.

| It was already saved by FROM SOFTWARE imho.

| >>767253
True.
They didn't have their own conference though. Like, Nintendo easily was the saviour when it comes to the directs.

| Nintendo was always shit, advanced wars is not a remaster, they are butchering it

| >>767087 capcom has 20th anniversary for megaman battle network and there was fuck all about it. Capcom and go ahead and die

| >>767549
Fucking hell, this is exactly what modern Advance Wars should look like. I really love the original pixel art, but the new 3D look has honestly grown on me quite a bit.
And anyway Nintendo won with Metroid Dread alone. Maybe BOTW2 too.

| >>767586 are fucking kidding me? It looks like a unity afternoon prototype

| I like the new Metroid game concept, but it looks like soykaf. The idea is there, but like >>767608 said towards Advanced Wars, it kinda looks like a $5 Steam game made with ripped Unity assets in it's current state. I hope they don't mess this up...

| >>767608 >>767619
Like wtf are you g/u/rls even on? It's cartoonish and toy-like, which is how Advance Wars should be (looking at you, Days of Ruin). And since it said that "gameplay is not final" they could still clean it up and polish it a bit. But even if they don't, it's already better than a "unity afternoon prototype" (done quite a few of those myself, know what I'm talking about) or a $5 Steam game. IMO even better than fuckinnng Tiny Metal or whatever it was called.

| Also, Metroid looks like... soykaf? What?

| >>767634
It doesn't look great tbh

| >>767637
It looks like you'd expect Samus Returns to look on Switch. Which is to say, it actually looks rather solid.

| >>767640
It doesn't look like one of those PC games that put graphics first and gameplay third. It looks like a video game instead of a Hollywood movie. That means that the graphics are bad. Everyone knows that. Smh.

| >>767640
Nah, after waiting two decades I definitely expected more. It looks like any other game and the environment is bland af. We have seen this a hundred times before.

Some of the enemies look great while others don't. If the rest of the graphics was on par with how good the flying bat looks then I would've been excited. That's the amount of style I expect from Nintendo. Not generic Xbox live game 123.

| >>767633 it doesn't look cartoonish, it looks unfinished

| I didn't expect so many people to be such fanboys they wouldn't see how studio bad that conference was

| I totally expected so many people to be such haters they wouldn't see how actually good that conference was. But it is still rather disappointing.

| >>767967 Good? At pumping money maybe. Most things are either DLCs, games that were already announced before, or updates that pretend to be standalone games. Oh, and also crappy games that they had to put there to get the money from their editors. I used to like Nintendo, before they went full crap.

| >>767633 There is a difference. Whatever the graphics where in the original Advance Wars games, they felt real in that you were actually moving real units.
With this remake it just "oh this is just a game have fun expect some rainbows there are no consequences" that was never the impression I had from a franchise that have WARS on its name.
Personally I hate when videogames, which have unlimited ways to represent things, mimic the limitations of board games. No inmersion.

| >"oh this is just a game have fun expect some rainbows there are no consequences"

????

| I hate what they did to Advance Wars
The old artstyle was so charming and gave it an identity while the new one is "haha generic cartoon game"

| Hope they don't ruin the soundtrack like they did with the art

| I think Advance Wars looks fine. The character portraits still have the same art style and the units looks like toys.

| The portraits look nothing like in the old game

| itt: people are bitter overly conservative fucks
no one's touching your old incredible charming art style that's nothing like the stinky new garbage
keep playing your gameboys and let the rest us actually enjoy things

| The difference is noticeable for all but the worst victim of the change was Max
It's jarring how he looks now

| >>768167
Well that's just objectively false.

| Advance Wars had an art style defined by a basic anime appearance, toy-reminiscent machinery, and the GBA's hardware limitations; It was never intended to be realistic, or mature. It was never intended to be an icon of pixel artistry.

Pastel, toy-like 3D models are not the departure from the pastel, toy-like 2D sprites you think they are.

| >>768169 go fuck yourself, you eat up any pile of shit presented by Nintendo

| >>768221 so mature

| >>768221
Take a deep breath and slowly count to 10. It'll do you good to learn how to handle your emotions instead of harvesting feelings of bitterness and anger over literally nothing. It just means your buttons are easily pushed.

| Microsoft saved the E3

| >>768238 you don't know the words you are using. Literally? Nothing? Take some English classes for your own sake
>>768222 you can go fuck yourself too, it's free

| >>768322
Take a deep breath and don't forget to count to 10.

| >>768330 Take a deep breath deep breath deep breath deep breath....

.... let it go let it out let it go let it out.

| Go on fucking ventilation with your fucking deep fucking breaths

| I'm impressed how both sides of the discussion are almost equally dumb.

If it wasn't >>f17bf4 it would be perfectly balanced, that g/u/rl makes her side dumber

| >>768372
Yup, that's an Internet discussion alright.

| >>f17bf4 peak debating skills

| >>438568
Thanks for the commentary, pewdiepie. The discussion sure took a huge leap forward once you joined in.

| They released a video about a sequel to twewy like a day after the e3 conference... It's called `The World Ends With You: Neo`

| Nintendo is govno для маленьких детей

| >>768779 that's been happening for a while g/u/rl...

Total number of posts: 58, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1624707098

This thread is permanently archived