danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Choosing a game for an epic coupon

| I was gunning for death stranding, but just before buying it I found out it has a director's cut announced, so it could be better to play a year later provided they update it for PC. Otherwise I'm thinking chivalry 2. But I'm not sure.

| I'd say go for Control, but apparently it's currently free. Don't forget to pick that up!

| `LK%gB@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@BB%dq\`
,yODNBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBgK$u,
`=EqDNNNQQQQQQBBBBBBQQQQNQNNNK6e+`
'zw$D%&gggggNNNNNggggg&%%DA4v'
`^j4$KdddddddDDddddddKO$5n;
'LumA6666$$qq$6666Ak4C\.
;zjVVeeee44eVVVVVnv:
-=1ICCCCCCCIIII1>-
:|lc7777ccll|~
`;?||||||?;`
'^++++^'
`:;;:`
''
Don't forget to pick/take Control.

| Already did, absolutely.

| Don't buy from Epic, terrible company

| Fortnite or Overcooked 2

| >>766970 How? I mean it's evil tencent who's behind epic, but they do give good free games and offer lower base prices for many games (substracted GabeN cut).

| >>b4e79d
Take. Control. *Rock music*

| >>767593 they are trying to take over Steam not by offering a better service (like GOG is doing) but by paying other devs for exclusivities and free games offers, without actually adressing many of the problems with the Epic Launcher.

Everything that happened with Metro Exodus was just the scummiest thing ever.

They ride the Fortnite wave, closing down or forgetting about their other loved franchises. (Paragon, Unreal Tournament)

| They've also been in multiple lawsuits regarding privacy violations.

And somehow i cannot delete my epic account because they are askin for my ID and i used a false name during the sign up. I never even bought anything so idk why they want that shit.

| >>767688 I miss Paragon so much g/u/rl...

| GOG is not offering a better service, unless by better you mean drm-free. Don't know how much they are paying, but they don't take 30% like gaben does. What about Metro Exodus? I'm not sure I understand. It was one of the exclusives afaik.

| >>767836 GOG has plenty of great features that are not present on steam (like the abilty to automatically manage all your games from all launchers from gog) and has way better user policies when it comes to their store. Their customer service is also hella good.

| >>767836 Metro Exodus was announced as a Steam game and even had preorders open for the Steam version. All physical preorders also were marketed as containing a steam code.
After a bit, Epic bought exclusivity, and the preorders for the steam version got locked. So if you didn't preorder it from Steam, you had to play it on Epic or wait a year. They also changed all physical copies to contain an Epic Launcher code instead of a steam one.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1624326608

This thread is permanently archived