The corgis?
The fore?
The /u/?
The gays?
The prostitutes?
The Dana?
The atypical approach to a VN?
The hell that is customer service?
The clever but deceptive use of "Waifu bartending"?

| it was fun to have a vn with well written women that weren't just sex objects with the personality of a cardboard standee. I really deeply related to Jill and loved learning everyone's stories, the small scale makes it feel so cozy

| I never played it, yet.

| The atmosphere

| It's really cozy

| For me, it was a mix of the characters' appeal and the well detailed world and topics.
I frickin' love when characters "let themselves go" and talk deeply about themselves (and also about the world that it surrounds them by doing so) revealing a mix of the lively world and their stories within it.
8/10 game.
My only complain with Valhalla would be that I wish it was longer, more gameplay.

Pd: Also we need to get more info about DANA WAIFU she is awesome.

| Waifus. Duh

| Worldbuilding's great. Characters are great. Writing is excellent. Feels/vibes/atmosphere, great.

The characters feel real, but also interesting. They aren't just caricatures or archetypes, but like they got their whole life shaping their interaction with each other.

| Came for the music and visual style. Stayed for the well written characters and comfy atmosphere. Also stayed for pretty much everything else. Best game.

| The music and pacing. I played it one day at a time so I had something to look forward to each day. I also liked my own reaction to characters; excited when some characters came, and annoyed when others came. Like aww nah this fucker today

| >>765829
Yes.

| >>765923 this

| Slut shirt

| The fact that Jill's struggles were similar to the ones I had in the moment of playing, I was running away from some relationships in my life because of mistakes (most dumb, but serious ones in between some), I just couldn't ask for help or company even if I craved it and really needed it, and in general, I had a hard time being with people, either in person or online, game helped me a lot to figure some stuff out...

| Sorted things out in most relationships, said sorry and farewell on others, went to therapy, got meds, started learning to ask for help and company, also started to be more open with my feelings, and just got better at taking care of my mental health, and found out stuff about my identity I didn't knew, in general and to not expand futher... game helped me a fuck ton, so it's still my favourite and the game I'm most fond of ever

>Also, Alma's MY. WIFE.

| I love most everything about the game. Music, characters, story, even the visuals of how the game is presented. Plus it's also just funny as hell sometimes.

However especially of those the characters. A friend of mine originally bought the game for me, saying how I really could relate to one of the main cast members due to problems I had ay the time. So I'm especially attached for that reason to the game.

| >>766108 Funny enough, the character I was referring to actually was Alma.

| It's nice to see that the game had so many points of relatabillity to people. Which works out as you see a bunch if different people when working the till.

| Bartending, and the interactive visual novel style.

That's what I like; games that give you choice not through gameplay decisions, not "do this or do that" boxes you can click on.

| I loved most of it tbh. The setting, world, banging music and the bartending role you play combined with the depth of the characters and the unique way of interacting with them.
It's just a damn good game that haven't left my mind ever since I played it, like, 5 or so years ago.

| I mean, cyberpunk+booze. Cyberpunk bartender is just cool shit.

| The pixel art

| The background of the portrait. Then the Steam page, the art, the music, the charm...

I didn't care much about "oh hey I love this because this is criticism" o "o yeah this represents me and only me". No it was just natural conversations on a specific fictional settin and kind of roling as a bartended. Kind of dissapointed it got no "extended mode" or "infinite mode" to play the game longer like Papers Please.

| Oh and don't forget about the dogs.

| Every time i play it, i feel the game speaks to me of some issue i have.

| I am a bartender myself.
That with the fact that i love this type of setting

| The augmented eye. Shrimp ramen is DISGUSTING.

| >>767461 no it's not you uncultured swine
Shrimp ramen is delicious, it's a pity that Jill is alergic to shrimps

| >>767506 this is fault, Shrimp ramen is the worst "food" i have ever consume

| Nostalgia, feeling of old VN from ancient japanese pc, but modern enough to feel not surreal.

| The loli sex worker robot Dorothy

| Jill and Boss are hot. I like Cyberpunk settings as well. Although I prefer Deus Ex Cyberpunk compared to CP77 Cyberpunk.

| some of the fanarts got me into it

| When I started it it basically said

Take a bear and chill some.

No game ever did that

| The atmosphere was amazing

| The music, the visuals, and the bartending.

Total number of posts: 36, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1624800740

This thread is permanently archived