danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Meeting people via online games

| I'm thinking of playing some sort of multiplayer games but idk which one are good for actually meeting other people so you have someone to play with

| On one hand side, Sky (Children of the Light) has playing with other people as a core mechanic. On the other hand, so far I've mostly been playing solo. But that might be a me problem

| Deep Rock Galactic.

| Agar.io

| Genshin Impact, but it takes some time until you can get to the multiplayer part. I occassionally get randos popping into my world who helped me out with boss fights and exploration and stuff. Everyone I've met have been pretty nice and helpful.

I've also heard good things about FFXIV, but it's an even longer time commitment.

| Won't work.

| It's exponentially more difficult to meet people playing games (moreso on PC) now than it was say 5 or 6 years ago. Chat clients have always been a thing, but Discord becoming as ubiquitous as it has more or less killed most of the in-game interactions that used to be the norm for online games.

| Now if you want to meet people to play games with, the best place for that is a discord server, and discord servers are fucking shitshows.

| >>759845 OP here to say this is the pain I'm feeling.

Public discords are a cesspit, even if they're normal I have issues dropping in mid convo to talk shit

| Warframe! This game has such a nice community, it almost seems strange sometimes lol I've met some of the nicest and friendliest people I know there. One moment you're gathering some randoms for a kuva extraction, the next you're having the best conversations of your entire life.
Ah, so much good memories..

| Some behaviours will push people every single time and sadly they're not exactly uncommon. They will turn off pretty much everyone you talk to try to avoid these:

1. Trying way too hard(not to be confused with effort)
2. Chronic complaining & cyninism
3. Selfishness

| Try to exhibit friendliness and willingness to join in but try not to mind too much early on whether you are included in group activities or not. If you hear about a group activity or it is mentioned to you say something like, “That sounds like you had fun” rather than, “I would have liked to do that.” The latter comment can be perceived as you looking for an invitation, whereas the former comment is merely an observation.

| Rather unfairly, the less desperate you are about being included the more likely a group or potential friend is to invite you to do something with them.

| One of the most burdensome behaviors that people tend to display is cynicism. There is no way of finding out the outcome of anything without giving it a chance first. Remember to give people the benefit of the doubt without jumping to conclusions.

Socially adept people don't complain much.It seems that chronic complainers always have something negative to say, even when those around them are happy! Instead, seek solutions to problems instead of complaining, which leads to nowhere.

| >>759674 Bro! I love sky. I've honestly felt more connected and comfortable talking to my friends in sky than to my own family. Still waiting on the juggler TS. ^•^

| Why does good advice come from here and no where else?

| >>759663 cs:go, mindnight

| Soulworker

| >>760307 Heck yeah! I only really started recently but it's been really nice

| >>3078fe Hope you keep enjoying the game g/u/rl!

| Why not look for groups from here?

| IMO mature vanilla Minecraft servers are really fun for finding friends

| >>759844 I definitely feel this too. Pretty much anyone I meet to play games with is through Discord. So it's simply a matter of picking a game and meeting with other players through Discors to talk to.

| PSO2

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1621562900

This thread is permanently archived