danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
FFXIV pops

| I always thought it was a meme, but XIV actually does have a massively disproportionate trans player base. I've met more trans people playing this game than i think i would have throughout my life normally. which to date is just 1. why is this?

| No idea. Why is danger/u/ disproportionately LGBT and also full of trans people?

Guess people just tend to gravitate to places. :shrug:

| it just happens you know? Most boys wanna be cool g/u/rls to fit into this small ditch on the internet.

| Maybe something to do with the character customization? Like, trans people are usually uncomfortable in their own body, and in FFXIV you can set up your own body however you like? I'm just spitballing though.

| >>758473 This. Roleplaying games and life sim games lends itself to allowing people to create a more desirable life. So if you're closeted in real life, at least you can be more your authentic self in fantasy settings.

| but wouldnt that apply to.. most RPGs? I dont think i came across near as many in Guild Wars when i was playing that

| XIV just seems to be massively overrepresented. not that its a bad thing.. just curious

| >>758521

*That you're aware of.

They're probably just more open about who and what they are on FFXIV.

| I think very specifically with it's characters and clothing it has a second life/victoria secret aesthetic. Very different from other mmos.

Not very FF themed in a lot of the side content, i feel I've even seen some furry bait in some costumes.

Also FF has always had a strong amount of female players playing those games. So is it the sensibilities of FF? Or that playerbase just gets carried over?

| It's a lot easier to put "i am a trans cinnamon bun uwu" in your tiny Au Ra's FFXIV search info than it is to put any effort into passing as a woman irl

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1620906577

This thread is permanently archived