danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Finally finished Omori a couple days ago.

| And it still hasn't let me go, post-game depression is definitely real.
Pls send help.
And Kel memes.

| Is it just undertale but emo sadboy vibes?

| >>757602
No..?
I get the comparison to Undertale since it's probably the most popular game of this kind ever, but other than the looks (and even then Omori looks better IMO) and sometimes the general atmosphere (though it's closer to Earthbound itself, from which both Omori and Undertale draw inspiration) the games are completely different. And it's not even emo sadboy most of the time, it's a fairly lighthearted adventure that turns to heavy psychological horror/mystery by the end

| But that horror/mystery vibe kinda keeps seeping into the more lighthearted portions as well, from the very beginning and more as you keep getting closer to the truth, so while you do immerse yourself in funny haha dream world hijinks most of the time, there's always something disturbing in the back of your mind, like bits and pieces showing that something isn't right.

| To say more would probably be even more of a spoiler (what I talked about so far kind of is already, but it's mostly apparent from the trailers anyway), but summing it up as "emo sadboy Undertale" is kinda dismissive and is doing it a huge disservice in my opinion.

| Do not to forget to support their collaborative artist clothing store, which came first before the game.

https://www.omocat-shop.com/

| >>f00bf4 I'm glad to hear that it has a lot of details, i heard that they worked with toby fox which probably helped with development.

However, you haven't sufficiently explained why it isn't sadboy or emo.

I'll check it out on my next break up or depressive episode.

| >>757655
As far as I know Toby Fox just did a guest music track, might be wrong though.

>haven't sufficiently explained why it isn't sadboy or emo
Well. That must be because I was too busy explaining why it isn't just "Undertale but emo"
To be completely fair though, there's plenty of rather sad themes there, but it's all done in quite a tasteful manner. Nuanced, believable, not as in your face as all the "sadboy" shit tends to be. But still hits hard with themes of loss and grief

| >>f00bf4 alright, you said the word shit and have won me over with your rhetoric.

I'll be sorely disappointed if i feel like listening to radiohead after playing however.

| >>757703
Pardon my vocabulary, assume shit = stuff.

| I'm so glad I played Omori completely blind. I loved the characters. The music. Rhe environments. the MUSIC.

The ending still brings me to tears. I hadnt been that emotionally affected by a game since I played Mother 3. Now I dont know which one of them are my favorite RPGs. I'm glad a lot of my friends enjoyed it too. It's very accessible for people not that into RPGs which is great! If you havent played it I implore you to do so!!

| Omori is so good, I played it a few months ago and absolutely loved it, still listen to tracks from the game. I just wish the clothing store had anything in stock, every time I look everything’s out of stock, even with updated merch :(

| The store goes out of stock so quickly it's insane. I was lucky enough to nab some buttons but I would have liked a shirt too.

| So basically thats the game made to sell shirts of store, alright. Her art is okay but I still can't get over the fact she made shirt store on money from patreon while delaying game for years.

| >>758228
Unfortunately, omocat is neither a good pr person or a good game dev in the fact that she has literally never made a game before Omori. She was doing what she does best - Be an artist who sells their art.

| The game was actually made because she wanted to make a story (that was originally a comic) that she felt was better to tell in video game form. She heavily underestimated how difficult it would be.

| The biggest reason the game even came out at all is because more people joined the team, and nobody stopped working on it.

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1620670711

This thread is permanently archived