danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's your comfort game?

| Prompt: Something really shitty happened within the past week, and you're trying to deal with it. What game do you pop in to cope?

OP plays DK Country 2

| Need for speed underground 2

| Risk of Rain 2

| I love sex.

| L4D, or maybe sekiro

| Dwarf Fortress. If I REALLY don't feel like using brain cells I'll play modded skyrim

| Synthetik.

| Honestly, recently it's been Apex Legends. I've been having a lot of pent up emotions lately and bad shit happening in my life, so mindless looting, pretty graphics and fast paced combat where killing people feels great has been really comforting.

| >>756120 Sekro seconded. my first playthrough was such a unique challenge. I had gotten so used to the Souls formula that 3 just felt flat to me. the following runs were just zen. the locations, the music.. i dont know how many times i fell asleep in Senpouji or the Fountainhead. even now ill just boot it up and do a couple gauntlet runs to relieve some stress

| >>756259 when I feel like this, quake 3 arena the longest yard with as many bots

| I don't think I have one honestly. I'll just boot up whatever it is I'm enjoying playing at the moment, and that would be my comfort game for the day

| >>756342
Ooh. That sounds nice. If only I had a PC rn I'd do the same.

| >>756364
You can play Q3 arena on pretty much anything nowadays. Just plug a keyboard and mouse into your phones USB port and you're good to go, or buy a raspberry pi for like €20.

| Cave Story, I love that game so much

| Darkest Dungeon

| Hotline Miami

| >>756403
I don't have any keyboard or mouse I can plug to my phone, I wouldn't want to play it on a phone screen and I'm also kinda broke atm.
I appreciate the tip though.

| Surprisingly League of Legends. Probably a reason why i got cancer. Literally. I need to stop playing that game even if it's relaxing to me. Need a new one

| I've sinkes thousands of hours into New Vegas. Nothing better than to wind down going through Old World Blues

| ROR2 and Mirror's Edge

| Kid Icarus Uprising. That game is so easy to pick up and play while making me smile for several reasons.

| Ridge Racer Type 4. Perfect for getting comfy and not thinking too much.

| Fall Guys, I just turn it on, put some podcast as background sound and let some hours go away so I don't trip myself into anxiety and depression

| >>756533
Hell yeah partner! There's nothing quite as good as another stroll through Mojave

| Fallout New Vegas

| I live in Rio de Janeiro so it feels just like home

| Sky, Children of the Light is just such a relaxing game. I play it almost everyday to unwind and have fun with my buds.

| Elona

| Elite dangerous, I don't do missions or engage in combat or anything anymore, I just go to random stars, drive on planets, fly around stations...

| >>756642 hey I play too!! Whenever I could, I leave happy messages and sit down talking to other players.

| Modded Starbound as of the moment. Being a cute fluffy moth girl just hits different.

| >>c5a3ec Whenever I play sky I tend to just lay around in the lost forest and play city of tears on my harp, it's honestly so relaxing.

| Planetoid Pioneers. I really like the fact that I can throw a couple of unprimed workshop grenades into a closed area with enemies, place a pioneer behind myself for an easy spawn, then suicide bomb the room. It's cathartic. Now instead of mentally breaking down or hurting myself in some way when my mental state is shitty, I load up Planetoid Pioneers and blow shit up instead. Healthy choices gang(?)

| >>9e368b +1

| Dark Souls 3. I've learned all the maps and items that it's become super zen for me. That or I play Morrow days again, especially if it's a rainy day

| Tetris is my comfort game. I remember reading somewhere that playing tetris is proven to help people get through trauma, it's supremely cathartic even when you're trying to play competitively

| >>756703 This was always my favorite part of Starbound too lol

| GTA 3 or Minecraft but been so backlogged that I just play new games.

| far cry 2, I just play through it over and over again until I slowly lose my sanity

| Honestly Portal. Whenever I feel like ass, I know I can turn that on and just have fun to clear my mind.

| >>756155 great choice, but not for relaxation though. You need to be alert at all times.

| Either Slay the Spire or deadcells

| Heroes of might and magic 3. I find exploring randomly generated map in this game at my own pace is quite an enjoyable experience.

| AdventureQuest

| Dead or Alive or Halo

| >>759127 AQWorlds is my guilty pleasure kind of game, didn't think it'd get mentioned anywhere.

My real comfort game is Enter the Gungeon though

| I've switched mine to Yakuza games

| dreamland.rocks

| >>757553 I have heard of that. Can be good since you can get into sort of a flow or rythm which can be relaxing and meditative.

I would say FTL for me. Just controlling a space ship and fighting has some nice challenge to it. Though maybe on easy mode just to have some relaxing fun.

| OP returns to a lot of posts o.o Updating mine to include Atelier games and ThatGameCompany titles (Flow, Flower, Journey)

| >>760218
>(Flow, Flower, Journey)
Those games were dope! Too bad games like that are kinda rare.

I'll probably say FTL or VTMB. Vampire slice of life can be pretty comfy.

| >>760234 It's by the same art director: ABZU does a good job of conveying the same feeling. It's also a bit better for just lounging around and exploring

| Va 11

| I've usually got playthroughs going in a few Pokemon and Final Fantasy games so I can just pick them up and be comfy when the opportunity presents itself and I don't feel like playing anything more involved.

| Kerbal Space Program for sure. There's just something about the sudden excitement, then gentle maneuvers of space flight that really are chill. Even entering the atmosphere is more about patience when doing aerobraking.

I don't often go interplanetary when just hanging out, but I enjoy setting up sat coms and using kOS scripts to manage the launch and releases.

| Forza horizon 4

| Fire Emblem Fates. It's so easy for me to pick the game up and get addicted all over again. I even started a playthrough of Revelation recently so I can focus on support scenes and unit building.

| Minecraft. Mining is so... Satisfying...

| >>761716 then what you want is dwarf fortress

| >>756691 oh hey, maybe we should play together some time? Sky is very fun with people.

| >>761786
What's not relaxing about warcrimes with lava?

| >>762171 what if we remove the lava and add space but,keep the warcrimes?

| Stardew Valley and Vintage Story

| Team fortress 2, shame most pubs are bot filled

| The Binding of Isaac Repentance, Celeste or Va-11 Hall-a

| S.T.A.L.K.E.R, any game or mod, but i prefer anomaly

| Dark Souls

| Overwatch

I long ago stopped trying to play 1v1 fighters (SF, Tekken, etc) because I just want to turn on my PC and run through maps for 30 minutes without turning my brain on.

| Gravity Rush 2

| >>763111
At this point the only thing that could get me to spend money on a PS5 is Gravity Rush 3.
Now that Japan Studio is gone and Toyama left Sony, my hopes aren't high.

| Neopets, and Club Penguin.

| BOTW

| >>763320 Sadly, maybe in another universe it exists

| Probably Company of Heroes

| Ultrakill right now, or some retro shooters or throwback shooters like Ion Fury and Blood.

Because to calm down I indulge in video game masochism and can't swallow my pride that way.

| >>763111 I wish Gravity Rush 3 were possible :/

| Yakuza or fnv

| Titanfall 2

| Yakuza games is an interesting comfort game. They totally stress me out

Total number of posts: 79, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1622718933

This thread is permanently archived