danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Genshin Impact appreciation thread

| I've been enjoying Genshin Impact a lot these days. It's just, idk, very pleasant to play. Just getting into combat with random enemies or exploring the world feels very soothing. I also have been doing a lot of co-op with friends and fighting bosses with them has been fun.

I just want to know if anyone else here have a similarly pleasant experience.

| It is pretty good when you're just starting out. The world is really nice, environment design is very pleasing to the eye, the quests (especially select side stories) are genuinely interesting, and the music is just wonderful.

Kinda sucks that it's a gacha game, but well, it is what it is. To be fair though, even with minimal spending ($5 for Welkin every month and $10 for battle pass every 2 months or so) I've got almost everything I wanted. And my F2P friends are doing fine too.

| It does wear itself out rather quickly though. Lack of variety is a big thing. I'm still doing the same things in the endgame that I've been doing in the very beginning, save for a new boss or two, but now the numbers are bigger. And speaking of endgame, it's... Practically nonexistent. I just log in to reset expeditions and spend my resin and now it feels more like a chore than anything. Even doing it with friends doesn't help. Events bring some variety, but only for a day or two.

| Nonetheless, I'd say my experience with it has been generally positive and I hope the developers will keep improving it further. But even right now, for what it is, it's quite nice, and definitely one of the best free games for sure.

| >>752472
Yeah, I see what you mean. I only play it every now and then, so I don't really mind that this is basically all that the game is. There's still a large chunk of the world still unexplored to me.

They're still planning on adding new content (this is only, what, 2/7 of the whole world?), so I'm not worried about running out of things to do yet.

| Daily domains grind is repetitive. Daily commissions are also very repetitive and way too random than they have any right to be. I bet there are only a few people playing from launch who did every daily.
Gacha rates and pricing are bad imo, but overall it's still a great game.

| Yeah, does get repetitive and no real end game yet. What I like about Genshin is more so the exploration though so I haven't played in a good while, but I am waiting for Inazuma and plan to play again when that region is released.
I feel like the exploration, art, and music are enough to warrant trying Genshin out. Gameplay is good too, imo.

| Klee is Love, Klee is Life.

But Venti is a purpose for living.

| Personally I really enjoyed Genshin when it just came out and played the living shit out of it. Then I finished the story, got a high enough adventurer rank or whatever it was for anything I may need, and then it just... Became boring. There's only so much exploring you can do before getting tired of it and the combat is basically mobile game level combat. It just becomes boring

| i love genshin!! it's getting me through my second semester at uni, i love grindy games that are satisfying to grind for

plus all the characters are super cute!!

| Welcome to gacha, newbies, where a 30 min daily grind for minimal daily progress is all there is for veterans. Gotta be in it for the long run xd.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1618733012

This thread is permanently archived