danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How are you doing with your game in development?

| Just wanted to say that you don't have to over pressure yourself, keep doing the great games we probably will discuss here in Danger/u/ some time in the future!

| Advice to people making games: don't post them on places filled with 4chan-like "people" like this one.

| >>751655 it's fine, this board only have 3 people

| I kinda wanna get into game development, but I don't really have a Big Idea™ that I would be working towards, so ultimately my attempts at learning all just fall apart.
Best of luck to all of you who are actually dedicated to the craft though!

| It's, not going that well. As in, I haven't really gotten started yet. I've only familiarised myself with RPG Maker and figured out how I want the game to be and partially how to make it work and stuff. But I haven't had the motivation to set it in motion properly. I'm just either extremely tired, working on other creative projects or procrastinating.

| >>751841 Sometimes it's like that. But think of it this way: it would be far worse to have a game finished and done when you worked on it in a state where you weren't as passionate with it. It would be much better to feel good when making the game and when you want to.

| >>751855
Yeah! I agree. I definitely do want to make the game, and I don't want it to be forced. It's a concept that I really do think is great and it contains themes that are very important for me to portray, and especially to portray properly. So I wouldn't want to do it when I'm in a state where it would just be forced.
That would be fine for the coding, but coding is such a minimal part of RPG Maker that it doesn't really apply.

| >>751871 Right! Well it sounds like you just need to get yourself in the right headspace for it and have fun! And that sounds great! I wish you the best of luck <3

| >>751872
Yeah, I do. I don't know when I'll get myself there, but I will!
Thank you for the advice and encouragement. It's much appreciated :3

| >>751874 Anytime ^^ <3

| I think it's been about 10 years working part-time on this fighting game. The programmers keep rewriting code from scratch. Community feedback keeps suggesting new features so it's more assets for me to draw. It sounds like I'm complaining but I'm really happy I get to keep drawing cool stuff.

| But now I want to make smaller games with more focus

| Doing alright!
Mostly just doing small game-jams right now to learn the best way to make lyngame come true and temper my expectations.

| >>751949 indie game developer

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1618671757

This thread is permanently archived