danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Pokémon Thread

| I love Pokémon. How about you g/u/rls?
What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite generation? How about your favorite overall region? Human characters?
What do you like most about the franchise?

| My favorite Pokémon is Sableye. Love that lil gobbo.
My favorite gen overall is 5, but my favorite region is a close toss-up between Unova and Sinnoh.
Fave human character in the series is definitely Guzma.

I think I'll always love Pokémon as a whole for presenting a happy, comforting fantasy world that never fails to bring warmth to my soul.

Oh, and bonus question, what was your first game in the series? I started with Gold.

| My favourite thing about Pokémon is the OST, but as anything else for me, up to gen 6 (included). From there, is a downfall with a 5% of exceptions not worth the other 95% to enjoy (both games and music), for me.
Favourite Pokémon is a tie between Mudkip, Latias Glaceon and Gallade.
My favourite games are both SoulSilver and Explorers of Time. Fav char probably Colress for his theme music.
First game tecnically Gold, but in reality it has to be Ruby because I was too young.

| My favorite pokemon is reuniclus. Favorite gen is III because it was my introduction to the series, though II and V are close runner-ups. Favorite region is definitely Johto. Favorite character is either Cynthia, Clair, or Nessa. The thing that I like the most about the franchise (/the games) is the adventure.

btw recently started playing Pokemon Unbound, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fresh 2D pokemon experience.

| >>750813 OMG FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO ALSO LOVES SABLEYE!!!!! <3

| >>750960
Sableye's been my favorite ever since I saw one while playing through Sapphire for the very first time. I absolutely adore that silly goblin; I actually broke down and bought a lil Sableye plush the other day oops
(Also I'm OP but ID change because different network oops)

| >>750997 Aww!! I have a big Sableye mousepad! I've always loved it too since Sapphire is my favourite Pokemon game!! I always found it interesting how most people disregard them though, so it's interesting to meet someone else who also loves Sableye! <3

| >>751020
It's a very overlooked 'mon, but every pokemon is someone's favorite and I love that.
I was very into UFOlogy and cryptozoology when I was younger (still am, but not quite as much), so when I first saw Sableye I recognized it as being inspired by:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly%E2%80%93Hopkinsville_encounter

And I immediately fell in love with the lil fella xD

| >>751027 Aww that's so fucking adorable XD

But yeah you're right! Every single one is loved by someone I'm sure, I'm just used to having people say their favourites are either the starters or something very common. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, just rare to see the others get some love <3

| I haven't touched anything past Gen 5 and I haven't beaten anything past Gen 3. My favorites are Gen 2 and 1 while 3 is mediocre.

I'd give a shot at 4 and maybe 5 but both are lagging and to be honest I'm not too pleased with the more recent Pokémon designs.

Am I cursed to dwell in the past or is it a blessing?

| I used to love Lillipup... until I started a Pokemon Black Nuzlocke and Lillipups would ALWAYS crit one of my pokemons on the worst possible moment.
And tge first leader's Lillipup is a spawn of Satan.
It always would take one down with it, on every run... and when you beat it. YOU GET 66 exp. I can't make this up even if I wanted

| Alola is best gen, all items, all pokemon, big map, lots of battle modes, interesting story and characters with the only problem being the lack of replayability

Also lots of new and interesting pokemon

| I love Pokemon simply because it's been with me since my childhood! I played a lot with my cards, figures, watched every anime episode until Gen 4, played the games--I'm 18 now but I still love it as much as I did back when I was a smol child.

My favorite Pokemon are Gardevoir and Frosslass! Favorite gens are Gen 4, 5, and 7. Gen 4 was the first Pokemon game I played (started with Pearl) so it has a special place in my heart; as for Gen 5, we all know why it's a fan-favorite;

| and Gen 7, well, it's simply unique. I love everything they introduced in Gen 7--the island challenge, antagonist groups, ride Pokemon, a cool professor, and a super comfy Pokemon center--you name it!

Favorite human character is Lillie! I also love her brother Gladion, and Team Skull's leader, Guzma. They're all wonderful and I love seeing them grow. I also love Steven because he's hot ♡

| I'm glad to see some gen 7 love in here; as much hate as I was seeing around their release, I really enjoyed the games and their re-releases. Alola is such a chill comfy region, and they played with some great ideas in 7.

| >>752056 Since it released and not counting USUM, it's been pretty rare to me to see hate around Gen 7 which scares me to know that soon it could be the other way around with Gen 8. Gen 7 was also one of the best sellers in the franchise, while USUM made Game Freak remember why they shouldn't release a third version (but still not putting that extra effort for the first ones).
It's funny how since Gen 6, the previous Gen that was godlike becomes shit to a general public.

| I don't know too much pokemon, I was a fan of black and white, I only played this and half of either heart pokemon or ruby i think.

I think drifloon has no bussiness being so cute as a creepy ghost pokemon!

I never played but i think Dragalge has the most creative dragon type design.

I fell in love with vulpix pretty much on first sight

And I like farfetch'd because he looks like a chad

| *heart gold
some of the other bigger pokemon fans were really invested into strategy while I was more of a recreational fan, so I don't think I am really qualified to give a good answer to the other questions.

Can say that I am more of the newer and younger kids, I didn't really grow up with the og pokemon.

Just wanted to mention that I watched the anime battle between mew and mewtoo, that was pretty cool.

Pokemon seems like a really cool franchise maybe i'll explore it soon.

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1618670235

This thread is permanently archived