danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why did you pick your main in a fighting game?

| Personally I think it comes down to "haha funny thing go brrrrr" or "I just think they're really fun"

My skullgirls team is Filia, Beowulf and Painwheel, reason: "hairball, chair and helicopter go brrrr"

But in Guilty Gear XX I just found Order Sol really fun, good buttons and has a nice gimmick
Same with Terry in Smash Ultimate, he's just super fucking fun and outside of his gimmicks I enjoy playing him a lot.

| First criteria is looks, then lore, then how much I like character's moves.
-KOF: Leona, Athena, Terry
-Skullgirls: Painwheel, Robo-Fortune, sometimes Squigly
-Power Rangers: BFTG: Goldar, Trini Dragon, Lord Zedd
-BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma: Takaoka

| I usually just go with the one with the coolest combos or one with some stupid mixup options. AKA Hazama from BlazBlue or Byakuya from Undernight. But I guess people should choose the one that looks cooler to them.

| I just like how they look. Then if I like how they play I stick to them or I'll try to learn how to play them if their style doesn't click with me.

Skullgirls- Beowulf, Valentine, Squigly, Miss fortune
Street fighter 3rd strike- Q, Remy
Street fighter 5- Poison
Guilty Gear xrd rev 2- Baiken

| First aesthetic, then fun and then lore if there is any. Because of aesthetic and lore, I don't play Street Fighter, Blazblue and Skullgirls because no character appeals to me and I really tried.
Then there is Tekken where I main a quarter of the rooster. That's also the case for Smash Bros which adds the rule "I love its game" except for Inkling.

| I only play Guilty Gear pretty much, and I main May and Baiken.
May because she cute and because she has big meaty buttons. Also I've never played charge characters before so I decided to stick with her as a challenge for myself. The only thing stopping me from fully enjoying my time with this character is how obnoxious her obsession with Jonny is.
Baiken mostly for gameplay, azami counter and guard point on dash is *chef's kiss*. Samurai aesthetic is cool, even though boob too big

| Ky is my second pair of arms

| I don't like fighting games at all tbqhwy

| >>750781 That's alright g/u/rl it happens

| Usually pick Chinese characters just cause I was learning Chinese for a while. Xiao Yu is my all-time favorite. She's also a bit unconventional which I like

| Well, in Skullgirls i picked Squigly cuz i think her design is hella cool, while lately i ve been shifting to Annie coz she fits my hands better.

In SFV i main Sakura cuz i like how happy she is about fighting and improving, also she a more active shoto and i like that a lot.

Also i wanna get into Guilty Gear (never played it) but idk what the best way to do it might be. Should i just wait for Strive? I-no looks pretty sick in that one

| I try every character and somehow just find those that stick with me.

Or I don't and I just kind of rotate around a large chunk of the cast.

| I play may cause funny dolphin

| Whatever is going to get me that easy win

| In SFV I chose Chun-Li because fast and I can press a lot of buttons.
In Tekken 7 I chose Lucky Chloe because fast and I can press a lot of buttons.

In Smash I have two mains. Ness and Pyra & Mythra.
Ness because good projectile, press a lot of buttons and randomly gimmick people.
Pyra & Mythra because good projectile, press a lot of buttons and randomly gimmick people.

I'm very simple.

| >>750811 You could wait for Strive, it seems ok, didn't really get a chance to play the beta myself so I can't tell ya, but XX Accent Core + is another good place to start in Guilty Gear, there's a lot of new players (including me lol) since they switched it to rollback netcode, so yeah, there's the two options there

| I just really like girls.

| I go for the personality of the character I hate playing with "villians" or must like assholes. And love the calm and smart guys.
Second thing is girls > boys.

| A strong character obviously

| I like to have three for each game. I'll typically pick the character I find most aesthetically pleasing, then add in two more characters based on what gameplay mechanic I find most enjoyable in the title (typically mixup/crossup characters). A good example would be Guilty Gear XXAC+R, it sets the standard:
Millia - Crossups
Anji - Mixups and Frame Traps
Bridget - ijustthinktheyreneat.png

| I always go by aesthetics and general vibes (or lore/personality) first but somehow they always fit my preferred playstyle to a T

| >>750841 hello, i took your tip and got XXAC+R for like 2 bucks, the game seems interesting but i feel like i might need a better grasp on GG mechanics before jumping in.
I heard Xrd has a good tutorial, is that true? And is the game worth 6 bucks just for the single player content?

| >>751018 I have heard so too, but as someone who bought it and has never touched the single player content, I really wouldn't recommend it, I mean, yeah, go ahead if you got the money but... Yeah, I never really touched single player, I've spent more time training in XX than in Xrd
Aside from that, there a lot of guides on YouTube, some really recent to show people how to hop on into the game, maybe those help too

| >>751018 The tutorial in Xrd is excellent, and has a *massive* amount of lessons. If you wish, they even have segments on full combos for each character, as well as advice and practice for every ability. It's by far the best game at teaching characters (which is important, because every character has a gimmick that drastically alters their playstyle)

| >>751018 As for story, it's a bit complicated. But it is qyality, with hefty amounts of dialogue, cutscenes, character development, the whole shbang

| >>751021 >>751042 thank you all so much! I think i might consider buying it even if just to try it and get a better grasp of how GG works from the tutorial

| i picked leo and lili in tekken 7 because they're cute

| It really comes down to how the character fits your hand. When I push a button, if it feels right, I main it.

| I masturbate so much therefore I mainly play grappler characters because it lets me feel like I am always in control, just like my jerk off sessions.

| Lili in Tekken is cute

| Brawlhalla -
Rayman, because he's so OP.
Jhala, because I am a simp
Skullgirls -
Filia, because I am a simp
Super Street Fighter-
Chun Li - because I am a simp

| I see jaeyun have big sword,I like big swords. I play him. Now I'm top 5 jaeyun. Simple equation

| How the hell do you main Painwheel? I find her super difficult to move around and not feel sluggish while doing so, and that's coming from a Squigly main

| >>752486 2,1,4 K and Helicopter go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, so yeah, mostly air mobility and then doing either her command grab or normals to get in

| She's cool.

Total number of posts: 35, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1618716626

This thread is permanently archived