danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo or PC?

|

| what are you looking for OP?

XBOX is a waste if you can build a PC.

Nintendo and PlayStation is on your tastes. Switch has tons of ports + on-the-go but runs like dogturd sometimes. PlayStation has tons of games that usually run well but it's not possible to use it on the go and it costs you another controller to do multiplayer (unlike Switch).

PC is probably the best but it's expensive and takes time to set up.

| PC and PlayStation or Nintendo only if it's possible to pirate games without much workarounds (proudly conserving jailbroken PS3)

| Nintendo: Exclusives, good consoles, bad decisions, portable, paid Online for newer consoles. Jailbroken.
Sony: Exclusives, good consoles, bad decisions, a good couch console, paid Online. Jailbroken up to PS4 and Vita.
Xbox: Few exclusives, good consoles, bad decisions, a good couch console, PC but
worse and paid Online. Imposibble to Jailbreak but has dev mode accesible to any user.

| PC: Freedom, bad or good decisions are under the user, exclusives, portable to any kind of device (both Windows and Linux), more than gaming, Free Online, many many games from many many generations. Emulators.

| Response: choose what you want based on your needs. But remember, except for PC, none of these choices is cheaper than the other as you will buy new generations, spend money on Online services and see your money fly, while your PC will last 3 console generations and even perform better than the current one.

| >>747735 PC if you want universal device what is not only for gaming.. also you don't need to pay online passes, and you will have access to your games even after next generation of consoles.

From consoles:
My favourite tip is Switch because of Nintendo's exclusives and sympathy for this device.
PS5 if you want exclusives there.. but PS/Xbox are in basic same.. Xbox will have may better performance/price, but Xbox isn't usually kind of console what offer something more..

| Btw. I'm not owning any console from actual generation now.. my recent consoles was Vita, PS3 and Wii U.

| Is this a bait thread

| >>747828 yes, you was influenced to buy xbox

| I'd normally say PC, but good luck getting a GPU nowadays.

So yeah... whatever available to you in reasonable price.

| PC, but pretty much only because I'm used to it. But like >>d004c0 was saying, getting a new GPU is... yikes.

I tend to use my Switch a whole lot more lately, and I've played my fair share of hours on DS and 3DS, so Nintendo for me.

Don't really care about Playstation after PSP. Though getting a hacked Vita as a JRPG machine is tempting...

What's an XBOX?

| >>747752 Dunno. Cryptocurrency mining has made it near impossible to get a good new GPU these days without shilling out a ton of cash.

Builds that would set you back 300 bucks (so low-end) nowadays cost you like, a 1000.

Plus you need to be willing to open up the device and tinker with it more on PC, which not everyone is willing to do.

PC used to be king, but nowadays it honestly kinda isn't because of cryptominers. Console makers don't have that problem; they buy GPUs in bulk.

| Does the op want to start a war?

| >>747892 For real??? I wanted to upgrade my graphics card and wondered why they got more expensive! Another reason for me to hate crypto.

| >>747991 Yeah, I was lucky and was able to score a 1050ti right around the time prices started to spike.

It runs most games fine as a mid-tier pc right now, but I dread the day im gonna have to upgrade my desktop. It's near impossible to find a decent GPU that isn't gonna cost as much as the other parts combined at the moment.

| PC.
I boycott PlayStation because they hate Japan now, I boycott Nintendo because they spy on console modders, and everything I want on Xbox is on PC.

| >>748045 Nintendo is the only platform that doesn't have any hacker issues Online and you complain about it? Is the only proper console to play third party competitive games, first party not so much.

| >>748045
PlayStation hates Japan? Nintendo spies on console modders? This is some top-tier cospiracy theories nonsense

| >>747991 yes, bitcoin went up to 50k, I remember around march last year, it was like 6k.

So miners has a lot of money to swipe clean GPU once they hit the store. I don't think they have a problem buying from scalper with inflated price.

I checked what GPU are available in my area, and the one that still has reasonable price is RX570 and RX580. I built my PC 4 years ago and it has RX470, just to give you some perspective.

| >>748053 Leaked documents showed that they turned someone who at one point was in the homebrew scene into a plant to suppress homebrew and stalked them to get them to become said plant.

Pretty harrowing although from what I heard it's old policy that they don't anymore ever since a leadership change on that policy in I want to say 2015.

| Nintendo personally. It's just, so easy, and I love Nintendo games. I like PC and stuff, but I don't have a lot of money and only computer I've got is an old Mac I got for free.
I've got playstation, but for some reason I just prefer Switch even though I mostly play on my TV anyway.
Never had an Xbox, but it just doesn't really appeal to me

| >>fa6ffc >>f5e286
The Nintendo thing has already been covered.
They've relocated PlayStation headquarters from Japan, they've said they want to emphasize international appeal over Japanese appeal (that means funding more mediocre slow paced action games,) multiple Japanese devs have came out and complained about Sony imposing more censorship on Japanese devs, and they've restructured JapanStudio to make nothing but AstroBot games.

| >>748061 So I should be okay with actual fucking stalking?

| >>748357 So Nintendo should be okay with you breaking the Terms Of Use you agreed when you first booted the console (and of course you read)?

| >>748373
He never said that, brainlet. I bet you thought you came up with something smart there, but you didn't.

| >>748377 neither said didn't hack their Switch to being stalked to beging with, so instead of thinking you are superior try reading first and ruin Danger/u/ you ruthless monkey

| >>748449
Are you having a stroke? I have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make.

| >>748373 lol terms of use aren't legally binding if you bought the hardware with your own money. Sure, you might have to sign terms of use for a rental, but the Nvidia shield clone is a piece of hardware, not a service!
Nintendo stalks and harasses people still. If you are a dev, you should encrypt your drive with a 1024+ bit rsa key. Nintendo 'private investigators' break into people's houses and steal their drives
The FBI sometimes gets involved because trade secrets or something

| [citation needed]

| >>748647 That's pretty much why people who hack their Switch are banned from Online services, but they can still use their console. Sure, your profile data is being "spyed", well no wonder that's how Internet works, anything you leave is a footprint to stalk you, even Danger/u/ does that.

Nintendo only really does that to the people who are head on hacking/pirating/homebrewing their intellectual properties. You are not gonna get assaulted for downloading a rom.

| Like Nintendo, that's something Steam, Sony and Microsoft also do. Try to exploit their platforms and count how many seconds they take to be at your door. Try to play Online hacking and harming other players and see how you get banned (somehow Sony is slow on third parties). If you don't like it, never connect to the Internet. If you want to make a company to lose money, prepare yourself because no company is going to be okey with it. Worse if you want to make monetary profit on it

| There is also EA and Blizzard, who wouldn't mind destroying your fucking life out of anything you do

| Buy a PC first and then a Switch, Sony and Xbox let their exclusives to PC eventually, Nintendo's the only one who still defends them

Total number of posts: 34, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1617244556

This thread is permanently archived