danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Arknights Thread Why Not

| I think Arknights really stands out among similar gacha games, largely thanks to the amazing lore and shit. Really differentiates it from the common waifu pulling game. The actual gameplay is really fun as well. Never have I imagined myself sinking time into a fucking tower defense game, I don't even like the genre. The waifus, too, aren't just pretty faces to pull, but are actually part of the world and the lore.
If you haven't tried Arknights, I recommend it.
Share your thoughts

| I love the fanarts that come out of it.

| I want to play it but then i see a fuck f*rry

| I still play it along with GFL, although i've since resigned to the realization that it is, in fact, pay 2 win. There's a few meta operators that you'll need to have to remove a great deal of frustration, unless your intent is to play the game on hard mode, as the normal mode.

That's not to say that having a squad of six star operators guarantees a win, but up until the release of the rogue like mode (which I think I enjoy more than the base game, ngl) most of the four and all of the three star characters were rendered irrelevant, except for Myrtle (who has largely been replaces by Elysium, if you grabbed him during the event... once again, a character you'd need to spend premium currency to roll, but to be fair, his drop rate was pretty generous.)

| Everything else about the game though? Excellent, and as it should be. Energy systems are garbage too but the characters are charming and I like spending time to read their backstories. I also look forward to the cutscenes and the music is top notch.

| >>21847b What's the point point of not allowing a bit of frustration in your gameplay? 3 stars aren't entirely useless either if low-rarity runs are anything to go by. I personally managed to win on a stage with a 40 lvl difference to my 3 star operators (with elite 2 Doberman). But yeah, you don't get much a chance to us them otherwise.

Also, you can't compare Myrtle to Elysium. One's a healer and the other a buffer.

| I find myself very interested in the skins. The extra background stuff makes me feel it's way more worth it getting them than with other games. Plus, the way they categorize designs, which are by the way incredibly detailed and stylish, to their own brand line got me seriously interested learning about fashion.

| >>747584 I've no idea where you got the idea it's a p2w, my friend is level 90-something and never spent a penny on it. Is it harder? Yeah, but this isn't animal crossing, the game's meant to be challenging and if someone whales through the challenge, the loss is theirs. Not to mention a fuckton of 4 stars are totally valid FAR into the game, far further than any usual gacha would allow you to use any units that aren't of the highest or near-highest rarity, that's for sure.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1616564840

This thread is permanently archived