danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Loving Touhou but sucking at it

| I only managed to barely bomb my way through 2hu PCB (7) with Sakuya's hoaming knifes on normal. (Oddly it was the run I didn't expect to win)

With most of the games I tried, which is till 2hu TD (13): I always select normal mode, bomb shamelessly and play with hoaming shot types - but lose around stage 4-6. Even tried some guides but they weren't much use

I'm still having fun trying to git gud mind you, but just wondering how did you g/u/rls go from newb to gud at these games

| Also if no pne has any tips we're turning this thread into a touhou VN recommendation thread.

I always wanted to play some of those cause the bullet hell shooters are dry on plot despite the girls being epic

| Touhou... Well, maybe is the order you played it. I went TH1 onwards. First two are fine, Dim. Dream calls you a bitch and breaks your kneecaps, can't be bothered to remember 4, 5 can go to Hell and Makai, fuck that blue stage with blue bullets, and fuck Shinki and the Devil's Recitation.

After that is your regular Windows era debate so I won't even bother.

With that said, I think is just a case of git gud, easy modo is for kids, and not much else.

| Bullet hells are such a muscle memory type of game. You also have to train your eye to only follow what's relevant-that being your position relative to any bullets and the direction in which you are firing. Once you have those things down it becomes almost second nature,like breathing, where you actually only fuck up once you start to consciously think as opposed to react.

You have love for it so you will improve. Good hunting!

| Well, now that you mention it, always had the bad habit of focusing in the bullets that will kill me in 1 second, instead of the ones that will kill me now. The hitbox is small, so always found it easier to just guess and bomb if I fucked up.

As for your bullets, it doesn't matter where you aim. There are aiming bullets, and if you don't kill a boss within the time limit, the spell rules do it for you.

| I've been playing Touhou for nearly ten years now and I think I've only ever 1cc on Normal once. I just accept that I'll never git good, though I still enjoy playing the games

| >>733875
>like breathing, where you actually only fuck up once you start to consciously think as opposed to react

This explains my pass on PCB, I was baffled once I fell out of that zen feeling and noticed I was at the Yuyuko's last spellcard. All in all since touhou isn't my first bullet hell (I played a different one on my phone years ago) I had some feel for it. Maybe I'm struggling as it's a bigger screen now?

| So yeah I do see the parts of me which need to improve. Being able to focus on what's relevant would be a massive improvement as I remember moments of literally running into stray pellets that weren't going in my direction. Those hurt the most

But yeah, I also liked the fighting games and fan content I saw of touhou. Suika is best girl from those

| OP here to say I also beat EoSD almost the same way as I did PCB. Maybe I should just go in expecting to lose cause that's 100% of the times the thing I did just before I've won?

| For me, I used to go for 1cc's all the time. Recently, I've been using 1 continue to at least see the rest of the stages so I can learn the patterns.
Bullet Hell is all about repetition, I think. You need to play those games a lot.

| >>735172 I played some touhou games till my eyes bleed - and honestly, I don't regret it

Learned that it's kinda better to stick with one game you wanna 1cc, but I do sometimes take breaks or switch between them to not lose my mind. For as good the OST I don't think listening to it ten times a day while playing would be good for anyones sanity.

| >>735221
I played LoLK using pointdevice mode and got stuck on Clownp's last spell card forever. I still hear Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1612100033

This thread is permanently archived