danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
i feel like buying Yakuza Kiwami was a mistake

| I like anime and I like gritty crime stuff and all the people I know that played it swear it's great but I just cant get into this game. The story simply isnt engaging me enough even 10 chapters in and to be honest I dont like the combat at all. Not to mention the cheap fucking tanky bosses.

I hate this because I really wanted to like the series and talk about it with others but I'm beyond bored playing it for even 20 min. :(

| What is wrong with you?

| >story is pretty much jap drama, but i grown up playing this game so i feel connect to character from the start.

| Yakuza Zero was the best in my opinion.

| >>733208
I keep hearibg that but i felt like I should play the """original""" first...sigh. Hopefully my feelings will change and I can give it a proper shake. The only thing that I've truly enjoyed so far was the stock car racing but that ran dry pretty quickly.

Oh and Reina. Fucking babe and a half and Kiryu and Nishiki must be fuckin blind.

| I'm replaying the hd versions of the original first two games (only in Japanese). I definitely still dig those games. Are the Kiwami remakes significantly different?

| Maybe the problem is pretending to be a pro weeb. Stop switching to Japanese every time you can if you don't understand it. You get totally different experiences if you understand it than if you don't. Subtitles may explain it to you, but your are hearing noise in the background.

Just replay it after beating it understanding it.

Also play it on easy mode. Games don't usually are attractive on hard mode, they just increase enemies and their life.

| It's usually better to start with 0

| >>733667
I believe Kiwami are the remakes

>>733673
uhh...lot of assumptions and judgements and missing the point. If I dont enjoy the gamefeel of the gane how would playing it on easy help? I would rather read a detailed synopsis. Also Kiwami is Japanese only so lollllll please learn what you're talking about sir

>>733693
I hear this but I also hear it can be a huge letdown to go from 0 to 1 lol. I will absolutely be playing 0 someday soon tho. I still dig the concepts overall

| >>733810
I definitely played kiwami 1 in english tho? My first yakuza was 0 and after it I just fell in love with series, so although there's nothing like it until fifth game, I've enjoyed each one of them

| >>733810 Yakuza 1&2 definetly had English dub sorry for not being familiarized with Kiwami.
Still, easy mode on games that have repetitive gameplay really helps. If you are not liking the combat it will become more fair (if it's like the original enemies will go 1 by 1 and so, less health...). And become something more secondary so you can try to enjoy other aspects of the game by yourself.

| Jesus is everyone in this thread acting dumb on purpose.

OP doesn't like a game that everyone else seems to like. The solution isn't mob mentality and making OP feel like it's their fault or they're wrong.

Some people just don't gel with certain games, and that's alright.

OP if you don't enjoy the game then don't feel like you have to force yourself to. It's just a game, whether everyone else enjoys it or not.
Just be honest with yourself and your friends about what you enjoy.

| >>733865
Thanks lol but its ok i dont think anyone has been too out of line. But yes thank you for getting what I'm saying. I also remember havingthis feeling with Vagrant Story after the white dragon boss kept two shotting me and once I took some time to more properly mastter the mechanics it became one of my all time faves. I will try with this again when the first impression wears off.

| >>733851
If I could get an english dub for Kiwami I would love it. That infamous dub is half why I bought the game and its not even here bc the director wanted people to experience a more authentic version of what he intended which i guess is fair

>>733855
It's more than just battle. General running around feels tedious as opposed to the absolute joy I have just fucking about in Gravity Rush 1/2. It just isnt for me right now i think. I'll keep it on the shelf tho.

| For reference, Yakuza 1 was a really groundbreaking game on ps2, sort of a Japanese answer to GTA. First time really able to explore a Japanese city freely. So the charm of Kiwami might be lost on people

| Hmm. I haven't played that much of it, but I enjoyed what I played. Definitely not for everyone though.

| >>733865 relax, I'm just talking on my own experience which I have been in a similar case where I didn't enjoy a game until I got to change the difficulty. It was a completly new game. I'm not saying OP has to, I'm just giving a little advice that might help a little.
>>733877 Gravity Rush is in a completly other level of freedom and I hope more games try to aproach this. Only game I have experience something similar is with Saints Row IV.

| yakuza zero was good

| >>734199
Oh man yes haha just vaulting around a city like a super saiyan before dropping on an intersection to blast with the duelies.

| I feel like buying kiwami 2 was a mistake, cause it asks for 60 fps way more than I can offer. Shouldn't have assumed anything.

| >>733201 if you don't like it then dont force yourself its simple youll like it even less if you do it that way, try yakuza like a dragon its a completely different game mechanic while still having the zany yakuza charm and its a perfect shoe-in for newcomers because it has 100% english VA and its a side canon so playing the older games will help you understand it even more

Yakuza like a dragon is your best bet

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1611779097

This thread is permanently archived