danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any gacha recommendations?

| I've tried GFL and Arknights. Wasn't exactly for me.
I'm looking for something that preferably doesn't drain too much battery and that can be played holding my phone diagonally.

Other than those two preferences I just want suggestions because I just really want a decent gacha to play in my spare time.

I might get into the FE gacha, but, I'm not sure yet.

| Does it has to have gacha?

| Diagonally???

| I assume you mean horizontally, op??

Fire Emblem Heroes is great and light enough it runs on my weak phone. Still battery-draining though. Sdorica is horizontal, very fun, but also a bit heavy.

| I would not recommend FE- mostly because I feel it is a step down from AK and GFL, at least as far as gacha rates and f2p friendliness is concerned. (IV's are the devil.)

| Though I can't say anything about the story/music/cutscenes etc.

| >>733237
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm a little retarded and sleep deprived.

>>733261
I honestly can't remember much about the F2P friendliness of those games. I just remember not enjoying the gameplay and the menus. AK was mostly okay, but GFL was horrific.

But, okay, so, while waiting for replies on this thread I downloaded FE Heroes because I remembered the little bit I tried it when it released was pretty decent.
That's the reason why I haven't responded until now.

| I'm still open to recommendations, but I'm enjoying this so far, and especially since I do have an attachment to or at least know some of the story around some of the characters, and I really like the gameplay. Obviously not as good as normal FE, but I like how it's basically simplified and put on a smaller scale to the point where it's basically like a little puzzle game but with fighting animations and gambling.

>>733205
Yes. It does. I've been craving some gambling for a while.

| FEH is good, Battle Cats is sort of a wacky one but very enjoyable.

If you have a japanese icloud/google play account I can also recommend Osomatsu-san Hesokuri Wars, but the english localization was discontinued long ago, so you'd have to deal with the JP.

| Op, can I just say I respect how you fully admit you're into gacha games for the gambling? Not a lot of people want to admit that (me, I'm people).

| >>733306

i, too, am people. You think i'd play a non localized game for the good writing and flavor text?? hahaha

| >>733306 >>733310

this is the first i've ever seen anyone admit that they play gacha games specifically for the gambling aspect.

The only thing keeping me tied to these games is waifu collection and storytelling, tbh. Increasingly, the events are becoming 90% visual novel cutscenes and 10% actual gameplay- which is great for GFL since the gameplay is stale but beatable with the right builds (and doesn't require money to get "good" units) while the gameplay in AK is better, but an absolute nightmare- and whether your experience is hardcore tower defense anxiety mode or slightly less nightmare anxiety mode (new characters *do* require money to acquire, and the discrepancy between "good" characters and "so niche they're useless" characters is just obscene). You can actually end up not finishing AK's events (and therefore miss out on the story) if you're not good enough, especially if you run out of energy, while GFL can be slogged through by anyone with patience, even on the last day of the event.

| I actually felt like shit when I skipped like, a novel's length of story in GFL once just to finish the event and get the limited dolls- a hollow victory. Because it really is just a visual novel with turn based tactics game attached.

| Good thing all 7 hours of cutscenes were on youtube-

| bro i ALWAYS skip the vn parts of a lot of rhythm based gatcha games. i'm in love live for the music and the waifu collecting, not to read

| Dungeon and girls is pretty much one of the few mobile games I play. Unfortunately it's pretty old so it doesn't get updated, but I still think it's fun and monster girls a nice bonus.

| >>733306 >>733334
Why else would I play gacha? There are way better TD games than Arknights out there, and there a way better Fire Emblem games than FE Heroes.
But gacha games can be played for short amounts of time and have a lot of gambling.
NI'm not intending to spend money on it anytime soon. Gambling money is way more fun when you can win money and the cheapest microtransaction gets you less than 1 roll. But I love gambling for 5 star units when I take breaks from the gameplay.

| Or take breaks from the gameplay specifically to gamble. Or if I have enough resources, just start the day off with some gambling. It's just fun.

| >>733405
> way better TD games than Arknights out there, and there a way better Fire Emblem games than FE Heroes
But not on your phone though... Although FEH doesn't even really offer the "proper" FE experience at all, I suppose.

| >>733442
I mean, the Bloons TD series is on mobile, so, yes. There is. There are also tons of other very solid TD games. I used to play a lot of them.
And, yeah. FEH is more like a little puzzle game than an actual FE game, and there are also mobile ports of stuff like FF Tactics, which is different, but also, it's way closer to proper FE than FEH.

But I like having something where you can play a stage very quickly and that satisfies my gambling cravings.

| >>733237
So, I checked out Sdorica. The gameplay doesn't seem like I'd enjoy it that much, but the art is absolutely beautiful! I kinda wanna play it just for the style alone, and it's pretty cool that it has a Cytus crossover.

| Epic Seven is the only gacha I've ever stuck to for a long period of time

| >>733195 what about SINoALICE? Im not usually into Gatchas but i quite like that one. Skullgirls Mobile is also pretty good too

| >>733698
Tha art and story looks really good, but, the gameplay seems very idle.

| Dead or Alive Extreme Venus Volleyball

| >>733492 I mean, they're both developed by Rayark.

| >>733700 check Skullgirls Mobile then, it has the gameplay of a simplified fighting game

| >>733777
That certainly is true, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll have a crossover, so it's cool that they do.

>>733788
I did specify that I wanted one I could just casually play without my phone being sideways though, no? So a fighting game that is played sideways is, not exactly what I'm looking for.

Pretty sure I've found what I wanted in FEH though. I've been playing it for 3 days now and I'm really, really enjoying it.

| >>733805 Ah, then it's neither horizontal or diagonal, but vertical you want. Vertical gachas don't tend to be good (though I had a soft spot for Ayakashi Ghost Guild before it got axed). I guess there's Destiny Child. If nothing else, just bathe in the glory that is their Live2D, which is absolutely phenomenal.

| >>733848
Brave Exvius (or something like that) and Fire Emblem Heroes are, well, not great, but alright for what they are. Both are vertical, too.

| >>733998
I think I've tried Exvius before. Wasn't a huge fan back then, but I might like it better now.

FEH is definitely my favourite out of the ones I've tried so far. Might be biased because I have an attachment to certain FE characters and really like SRPGs, but, I can see myself playing it for a long time.

| Honkai impact 3rd is fun

| >>734110
Welcome to FEH gacha hell buddy. Feel free to add me, my friend id's 3021267340 under the name Ali.

And I joke about saying it's a gacha hell but I genuinely think FEH is a fantastic game.

| >>734338
I'll add you!
Just got through all of the story so far, and I'm really loving in. Now I'm just pulling to get all the new year puppies. Got 3 out of 4 very quickly but I'm really struggling with the last one.
I like it though. It's a fun game.

| once you really get into the flow of things crash fever is fun. takes a while tho

| I fucking got her!!! Every day after I made this thread I've grinded for hours every day, and I finally got her!
Fuck me. I fucking love gambling. I've decided. I'm sticking with this game. The prices are ridiculous, but, I don't care to be honest.

>>734338
If you're still in this thread, would you be down to talk on Discord or some? I would appreciate having someone to talk to about this game now that I'm technically in the post-game, or I guess in the "real" part of the game.

| >>734797
Ha, I have no idea who you just got but I know that feeling. Sure I'm down for talking, my Discord is PseudoMon#3526, just say hello.

I'm pretty casual now though. I used to grind a lot last year, but nowadays I'm just chilling with the 5-stars I already got.

| Arknights and new gacha game but i want to create news channel about this game, i need subs for it

| >>734870
I feel that, I feel that. When you've just stared it's so easy to grind for orbs though, so I probably went a little overboard.

I would just kinda like some, insight, I guess. I always find it difficult to get into the post-story stuff and the meta in games like this or MMOs or really anything that has a bigger post-game than "main-game".

I sent you a friend request.

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1612005745

This thread is permanently archived