danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What weapon is your "main" in Monster Hunter?

| With Rise on the horizon I got back into World and found out that I'm kinda bored and/or dissatisfied with SnS now, which I used all throughout FU, P3rd, 4U and World story. So I've been thinking about switching to something new, but I just don't know. I fell in love with HH again, and I think that's what I'll stick to in group hunts, but I also play solo a lot and it's the slowest solo weapon, so that got me thinking about something else.

Though mainly I ask just out of curiosity

| Actually I'm new to Monster Hunter, I have been trying the demo for Rise. Not to hijack this thread but, got any weapon tips for a newbie? So far I tried the Sword and Shield with the demo mission.

| Katana is really cool for me, and also dual blades, haven't tried Rise (probably won't play it) but on Gens accompanied with arts they were so Op.

| Heavy/light bowguns are easy to use; guess you could say they're training wheels--but I like to use the heavy bg though.

| Those Kinsect spear things are seriously hard to use. Sometimes I wonder whether they even make a difference, but I love the variety they come in, plus it's the closest thing to a summoner class. Also, it's incredibly satisfying to chain your pogo jumps on the monster.

| >>731864 as an Insect glaive main, it totally makes a difference, red extract enhances attack by 15% while expanding the combo tree.
White enhances speed by 15%, buffs up the jumps, and alows the player to walk almost as fast as a running player.
Orange raises defense by 15% and with white gives the ability earplugs wich allow you to ignore monster roars.

Also yes the insect is like a summon and it is very important to the weapon

| There are dozens os kinsect types in the insect glaive, some are focused on stamina, attack, speed and there is balance type too, you can also choose blant damage or cutting damage amd depending on the game it can even have 2 elements at one that while comboed with the weapon itself can give you 3 elements

The glaive also has good dps, powerful combos, and has a blunt damage attack that nobody uses, but it exist, very versatile weapon but annoying to learn

| long sword because i play best with it. it's been my main weapon since the first game

| I've always loved switch axe and chargeblade. Both have a bit of a learning curve but not nearly so steep as glaive, and with chargeblade you can even use some of your SnS experience.

Aerial Switch Axe in GenU is the best Monster Hunter has ever felt.

| been playing since tri and lance/gunlance have always been my reliable picks

| I'm aesthetics masochist so i use light armor and katana

| >>731839 >>732046 >>732227
Played LS in P3rd, but it's super anime in World

>>731856
Bowguns are pretty neat! Light is my favorite of the two, but I can appreciate going full Rambo with heavy, too

>>731864 >>731897
IG is interesting. Not for me tho, both gameplay- and aesthetics-wise

>>732116
Going full iron wall with Guard 5 and Guard Up is nice. Kinda miss the rolls though

>>732103
Played SA in 4U, nice but kinda slow. Wanted to love CB, it's a bit of a one-trick pony, though

| Great sword. Always great sword.

| Gunlance since FU.

| Lance

| Bow.

| With the clutch claw implementation in Iceborne, hammer is off the chain. Easily tenderizes every part of the monster.

| >>732607 STFU GO PLAY RISE!!!! Just kidding, I think hamer is one of the most consistent weapons in all games

| Charge Blade go SWOOSH and KABOOM

| Haha lance go poke poke

| I main dual blades in gen and world. And for the rise demo, I learned to play all 14 weapons. I may still main dual blades, but I'm definitely secondary LBG for kicks. (Maybe even horn or hammer. They were fun too)

| I used to main IG but tried Charge Blade and Hammer in World, really loving them. But Hammer is only fun specifically in World

| long sword
parry an inferno glavenus was a experience

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1611573519

This thread is permanently archived