danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
FFX is underrated and unfairly maligned

| like holy shit im finally playing the remaster on ps4 and it's actually quite decent??? The writing isnt terrible, the pacing and characterisation is aftually stellar, and really the only stuff that doesnt hold up are the npc faces and the fact that battle takes forever. (There are also mechanic balance issues but those are always secindary criticisms)

1/2

| 2/2

And the worst offenders are those that cite "that terrible laughing scene". What happens is Tidus is down in the dumps and Yuna basically says "i get it but do me a favour and smile sweetheart you'll look prettier". He then FORCES laughter and Yuna cringes and tries to make him stop before joining in and then they both realise how dumb they sound and laugh normally. Wakka then even says he thought they'd gone mad. People act like itd unironically bad voice acting and it isnt.

| >>731006 I never took the Laughing scene as bad voice acting (but yeah, saw many who did), but first time I saw it, it was out of context on some video, and to me, is much better this way. I love the mod that add's this scene as the intro of Starbound. Problem is, this depicts the scene when you actually play the game.
For me bad voice acting is the Spanish version of Zelda Botw and Hyrule Warriors AOQ, god they are awful and everyone sounds like having 1000 years.

| The worst offender is actually Tidus's outfit. That color pallet... those uneven pants...

| >>c56235 I don't know where you've taken these opinions from, nor who you talked about this game with; everyone I talked with about this game agrees that FFX is one of the best, if not the best, FF ever made.
Hell, even the "obligatory FF minigame" is super fun! I'd spend hours playing blitzball before progressing on the story.

| >>731356 Blitzball was the only thing worth playing in that game. I'd also like it way better if the game was more pokemon like in that I'd mainly play as Yuna and battle other monsters to compensate for the ridiculous amount of grinding in the game.

| I loved ffx myself.

| >>731356
Lol just google 'ffx opinions' or 'blitzball difficulty' then (the first match against the Goers made me pretty deadset against ever playing it until i saw it was a meant to lose)

| >>731356
Also...best ever? I've heard that about 6 and 7, a bit about 9 from diehards, and 12 from Famitsu. 10 is incredibly divisive due to the convoluted story and Tidus as a whole. But i think it is a great game

| Pretty sure every FF is known to have a convoluted story but 10 was quite easy to follow I thought. The game was revolutionary at the time for its graphics and being the first FF with voice-acting. I often study the animations in that game for problem-solving tips in my games

| >>731597
Ehhhh I'm like 15 hours in and still fuzzy on whether Zanarkand is a parallel world or a ruined city, completely dont understand the whole "you beat Sin but then become Sin" thing, and am genuinely pissed at Auron's brusqueness and refusal to explain himself. And no I dont think that makes the game bad, just that I'm finding it hard to get invested. I end up playing 40 min instead of 2 hours.

But to each our own. My fav is 6, personally.

| >>731597
Also yeah, it's strange, like Tidus has top notch battle animation but Wakka looks so fucking unfinished. Some of the animation is stellar and some way less so.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1611013450

This thread is permanently archived