danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Unique RPGs

| I recently discovered Hylics, and it made me wonder how many RPGs with very unique styles, concepts or both there are out there.

What are some very unique RPGs you know of or have played? I really want to discover more stuff.

| Elona

| Oh I've heard good thing about Hylics!

I'm currently playing this RPG called "Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening". It's free on itch.io and it's pretty amazing for a free game. The visual is cartoonish and the tone is very PG-13 adventure but the setting is eldritch horror. It's fun. The battle system is pretty standard but has some interesting bits to it.

| Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

There was also this one with something like a stand from JoJo, but with a bullet for a head. You played as a dog fighting these secret agent clowns. Forgot the name

And this other one where it's really weird and messed up world and in the end the twist is that it's a normal generic RPG world that got corrupted or something

Sorry that I can't remember the names of the last two. It's just been so long

| No Delivery is also really good, great music too. You're at this fucked up pizza place

| >>730891

After a some searching,

Second one mentioned in that post is Buggerworld

Last one mentioned is Space Funeral

| >>730887 >>730894
Thanks! I've never heard about any of these before. I'll check them out.

| While not as "underground" as some of these other games, LISA: the Painful at least deserves a mention. Get ready for some real dark and heavy shit if you try it, though.

| >>731282
Yeah, I'm well aware of LISA. I'm just, not in the mood for something that heavy right now.

| Legend of Legaia on ps1 had a fantastic combat system. Almost like turn-based fighting game

| >>731339
Ooh! That combat looks sick!

| Disco Elysium is currently my favorite. Also, I don't recommend Hylics 2, they put an actual video game in it :(

| >>731578
Waaat, Hylics 2 is dope. Granted I never played it without an acid tab in my mouth.

You all probably know about this one but Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines *is* different. It's gothpunk and basically a slice of life for a vampire in early 2000s LA.

| >>731578
That's the heavily story focused one, right? It looks pretty sick.

>>731586
I do know about that one. I don't think I have anything currently that can play it though, which is why I've never looked too deep into it.

| >>731589
>I don't think I have anything currently that can play it though
What do you mean? VtMB is an old PC game, it runs even on low-end laptops (by today's standard at least).

| >>731971
I don't have any Windows PC available. So again, I don't think I have anything currently that can play it.

| >>731980
It runs flawlessly on Linux and Mac using WINE.

| >>730892
Eyyyy finally someone else that played it. I really hope Oates can make a larger game soon.

| >>732031
Same. Really like the type of games he makes, but No Delivery is still the best

| >>732024
WINE has never worked for me. It's not like I haven't tried a lot of times. It's the first thing that people say when I say I don't have Windows.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1611174318

This thread is permanently archived