danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Nostalgic OSTs

| The childhood games thread gave me this idea because of the conversation about the World of Goo OST, so now that that thread has died, let's talk about soundtracks!

Any games from your childhood with OSTs that make you feel nostalgic, and maybe even OSTs that make you feel nostalgic but are newer games.

For example, World of Goo is from my childhood and the OST gives me a lot of nostalgia, but Shovel Knight isn't a very old game but the OST still gives me a nostalgic feeling.

| I know it's a bit of a boring answer, but it has to be Minecraft. Reminiscing about the first time I fell in a hole, and those tunes started playing. It reminds me of a simpler time in my life.

| I doubt many people remember it but Pieces for SNES OST is great and I listen to it every week.

| >>719946
Yeah, I feel that. I sadly think I turned off the music in Minecraft one of the first times I played it, so I don't really have nostalgia for the OST. It was dumb of me.

>>719951
Aw! That's kind of cute.

| Shovel Knight, The World Ends With You (nothing but straight BOPS), Xenoblade Chronicles, and I'm not sure if it's necessarily nostalgia but most Deemo songs hit me in the feels somewhere. Lots of pixel platformers do it for me.

| >>719958
Deemo! Let's go! I've never seen anyone else talk about this game before, but I recently downloaded it again because it does the same for me!

| Power Rangers!

| It's not like a complete ost but Route 209 from pokemon D&P hits me hard

| >>719963 all the Rayark games are awesome little gems. I can never get Saika out of my head. I'm learning some Cytus 2 songs on one handed million master

| For me it's Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Professor Layton for sure.

>>719958 Deemo songs really just hit different tbh, I hate that I don't get to play that game as often as I'd like to

| I'll add Ace Attorney to PMD and Layton aswell!

| >>720102
PMD sometimes gets to me as well, definitely.

>>720104
A lot of mystery gives you nostalgia!

| Oh yeah Ace Attorney has some awesome songs. Haven't played much Professor Layton, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has great music too.

|

| I didn't really have much iconic games for a childhood so... do current soundtrack that hold a place in my heart (and playlist) count?

| >>720158
As I said, it doesn't have to be from your childhood. Just an OST that brings you a nostalgic feeling, no matter when it came out.

| >>720160 Hmm, I see.
I'd probably say the Dusk OST is reminiscent of the old FPS games.

| >>720260
Dusk OST is great! And I agree! It has the nice old school FPS OST vibes!

| >>720287 I've said some of the games New Blood had sent out sort of scratched a specific itch, Dusk was fun from start to finish with just the right amount of silly from time to time.

| Also I found it a bit funny that our posts were exactly 100 posts from one another lol.

| Also Andrew Hulshult was in the latest Doom Eternal expansion but frankly they've taken it way beyond 11 with it where even on the medium difficulty I struggled more than in the main campaign.

| FF6 for sure. The opening bit of 'Awakening' is engraved on my soul.

| >>720417
I sadly can't remember most of the FF6 tracks in my head, but I do remember enjoying the OST!

| >>720417
Oh man. The Final Fantasy Prelude and FF1's main theme just destroy my soul (but in a good way)

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1606917564

This thread is permanently archived