danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Horror games recommendations?

| So, anyone wants to help a fellow g/u/rl out with some horror games recommendations?

My favourites are SOMA, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and Cry of Fear. Observer, Layers of Fear and the first Outlast are rather nice too imo. Alien:Isolation felt great until the second part of the game, but it became really fucking annoying, tedious and frustrating pretty quickly as the plot dragged on.

| Uhhh, both Yomawari games are pretty neat, I guess. Not really in the same vein as the games you've listed though.

| World of horror is a nice one

| >>700541 this

| Some days ago I started playing the Penumbra series. Old but good.

| Not so much horror as it is campy murder mystery, but the parts of Deadly Premonition where you have to avoid the Raincoat Killer got my heart going a bit.

| If you're okay with emulation the Fatal Frame games (1 & 2) are good horror games. Maybe I'm just a huge wimp but I've had both games for years and haven't made much progress through them

| Oh, and while it's not at all like the games you listed I recommend the Spirit Hunter games (Death Mark and NG). Might be a deal breaker but I don't think you can get the true ending of Death Mark or even make it through the game (or maybe you can and I was just too stupid to piece things together when I played it) without a guide. The same isn't true for NG though. Highly recommend playing the games in order if you try them out.

| Rule of rose is an old gem that looks to line up with the games mentioned. Horror game made with the explicit avoidance of cheap scares. Not to say that it's amazing bur it's unique. Emulator btw.

Also DP is a series you laugh at.

| I've always been a really big fan of the Corpse Party games if it suits your tastes I'd say give it a try. Psychological horror is my favorite anyhow and a lot of this gets under my skin if I think about it too much which is good <3

| Little Nightmares is a great little horror game. Not really scary, but very creepy and unnerving

| Resident Evil 7 is a good horror game.

| >>700498
Hmmm... It seems like you like those kind of games... Sorry, im not cultured enough to recommend you games that suit your favorite genre, but hey! I'm not writing this pointlessly!

If you're onto masochism, you can try the whole Fnaf franchise, tjoc, final night and even more spin off...

Or play Dark Déception, really well made one, with a lot of skill required

Anyway, hope you have a great day

| Also i recommend a french YouTuber named "Seroths", he is the one and only horror ytber on France, and he played a lot of game

Scp containment breach Unity is nice to try, but beware, it's hard

| Obligatory Dead Space (the first one in particular)

| Faith chapter 1 and 2, indie horror game with atari like graphics
I'm patiently waiting for the 3rd one for the trilogy to be done

| Thanks for a lot of great suggestions gurls! I knew I could count on you! I've actually played some of the games you've listed, but there's still more than enough for me to explore. Thanks again!

| White Day: A labyrinth named school

| The Resident evil 2 remaster is pretty good

| A hat in time : Vanessa's manor level (lmao it's a jk)

| Silent Hill 4 just released on GOG, the most horrific game in the series! Recommend it, the last good Silent Hill game.

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1601801202

This thread is permanently archived