danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Leaving of Gaming community?

| I was in one roleplay community around mta (gta:sa mod)for 6 years, month back i did announce that i'm leaving and that i will just watch it if i will like this community again.. i did one small sub-group.. but they wasn't want play games, but just talk, so i decided to cancel this group and ghosted them, because it's nothing what can i share with them.. but now i'm getting spams in form of friend requests in my Discord and Steam.. does someone experienced something same/similar?

| Ghosting people is lame and juvenile so no.

| Don't feel bad about ghosting online communities, they don't really mean anything. I've had the same experiences before

| >>698185
Leaving online communities without saying a word is fine.

But OP started a group and asked people to join only to ghost them. That's just childish.

| But problem is that this small group i made for playing games.. but they was always argumenting like bad hw, connection, don't have time and so, but surprisely they had time to talk in discord about random things in Discord.. maybe it can sounds rude from me, but i wanted just to have with to someone play with, no talking topics about real life.. original group was changed little same.. i want just game, no talk.. maybe i could write something, i didn't..

| Wouldn't it be better to just openly tell you are not interested in having any relationships with them anymore? Explain the reasons for that would also be great. It would solve both yours and theirs problems. They could 'spam' and try to reach out to you because they're worried since you've basically just disappeared without saying a word

| >>698334 Agreed. If you only want to game make that specific. Otherwise people will normally just assume you want to socialize.

| i was thinking about it, but i don't know way how to say it politely, if i would tell it any way, it would always sounds as that am i something more than them, and that i despise them.. in this way is better when i just leave. and in past i writed some in style that am i leaving main community, so it's maybe not so strange that i leave this sub-group too.. it's probably really egoistic my way of deciding, but it's strange this kind of emotional conflicts what are saying 2 opposites

| >>698396
Look, you think you'll hurt them by telling them the truth, right? But you're hurting them anyway by just disappearing. The fact that they're trying to reach out to you through Steam and Discord means they still care for you and that they're probably worried if something's happened. Besides, you're hurting yourself by doing so. You wouldn't be asking for advice here if this situation didn't bother you and you felt like disappearing like that is fine, right?

| Wouldn't it be better to just let it all end by confronting these people? The truth is, I've been in a similar situation quite some time ago. Ghosting, constantly hiding from people trying to reach out to you doesn't feel nice (for a very guilt-driven, shameful and anxious person such as me) in the very slightest. I was too afraid to confront the person I've been ghosting because of the same reasons, but the amount of sheer relief I've felt from doing so is immeasurable.

| I guess you don't feel really nice by ghosting too since this thread even exists? If so, it would be much easier forĀ  you to just tell your group the truth rather then wait untill they forget about you. Save yourself the problem of worrying.

| It's fine if you won't do that though! I'm only judging by my own experience of a person who worries to much about far too many things. I can't survive in similar situations as I'm simply getting devoured by guilt and shame, so it is easier for me to simply be honest and all that. If you don't feel like confronting these people is gonna be good for you, well, don't.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1600558964

This thread is permanently archived