danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So Super Mario 3D Collection happened

| I wanted to let hours pass but I'm still tilted about Mario 64... Anyways, what do you think? Will you be buying it? Have you played any of the three included games before?

For me I personally wouldn't mind it if I didn't have played any of the three before and I can just play them on my Wii anytime, and risking a Joycon Drift for portability... And also I consider not including Super Mario 64 DS content an error.

| Specially looking at sales, Super Mario 64 DS sold as many copies as the N64 version, which means that over 10 million people will be complaining because Luigi, Yoshi and Wario are not in there neither the 30 new Stars. Saw some journalist throwing shit at this remake pseudo-sequel just because D-pad (which I found confy anyway and plays just like N64 but better physics) and I feel many people just follow their ideas because they are big names, like gods of gaming industry.

| Also find out Galaxy 2 is loved by A LOT of people and the game was not even mentioned in the showcase (no sequels were but the classic trilogy), it sold half units of Galaxy 1 but it's sad to see many of them believe they are going to sell it as DLC after 2021 March. And it's Nintendo, never expect your favourite thing to get love (that was what I though before they announced Majora Mask's remake, but it's the only case for me)

| I still have 64, but not Sunshine nor Galaxy. So getting the collection is a no brainer for me. I'm more of a casual platformer player but I still find a lot of fun in 3D Mario.

| I'm only interested in replaying Galaxy but I sure am not gonna drop 60 USD for it. I guess it's a fair price for all three games though.

| I'm disappointed we didn't get a remake of 3d land with it either. I dont know if I've become too jaded to the gaming industry but I was hoping for an announcement of a new game. Seeing an HD remaster of games I've already beaten does nothing for me.

| I don't own galaxy and I haven't beaten any of the three games. It's a no brainer to me!

| I'm definitely gonna buy it. I used to play 64 when I was very young, and over the last year or two I've been seeing a lot of sick 64 and Sunshine stuff. Speedruns and just general tech and the mechanics are awesome.

I really like Galaxy, and I finally started playing Odyssey and I'm loving it so far.

3D Mario is sick, and if I can have 4 amazing 3D Mario games on my Switch, well, I'm gonna fucking get it. Easy as that. I want Galaxy 2 as well though. It's really good.

| >>f94944 Just be aware that the sm64 release in the collection is a not very speedrun friendly release. You can't backward long jump for instance

| >>695552
I'm trash at speedrunning. I just appreciate it. For real though? They didn't keep it pure?

| >$60

I'll pass.

| >>695564 I was a little iffy on the price when I first saw it too, but then I remembered that a copy of Mario Sunshine alone goes for like $50+ on eBay most of the time.

| >>695618 Sunshine originally was released at 50$. In Ebay Game Boy Advance are minimun 70$ nowadays. A Wii U is around the same price and thank god if it comes with cables at that price.
eBay prices is just invalid, in Europe, at CeX you can find it at 35€. I bet you can find something like it or lower in the States.
Ebay doesn't justify prices.
Nintendo doesn't justify either, Mario Galaxy on the Wii U eshop is at 20$, Mario 64 is 10$. No way Sunshine is more expensive than Galaxy

| >>695676
But, like, if you don't wanna buy it, then why not, you know, just not buy it?

| >>695682 of course that's not what I mean and I never said I will or I will not buy it. I'm responding towards that price on Ebay justifies the purchase but it doesn't because how a Game Boy is as valuable as a Wii U? Even some Game Boy Screens can cost you as much as a Wii U. Yeah, GameCube Sunshine is harder to find because is the less Mario main game sold ever but 50$ when you can find it under 30$ anywhere else but Ebay and Amazon?

| >>695683
Homie. Market prices are based on demand and how much people are willing to pay. That's gonna differ between all markets and regions. No second or third-hand price is going to be "accurate" when it comes to actual value. I know that's sort of your point, but, yeah. Idk. Trying to argue about market values and the "actual" with of a product never goes anywhere.

| >>695618 I'd rather pay $50 for a physical copy than $60 for digital that Nintendo will shut off once they realize it's not worth to host the servers like on Wii.

| >>695685 That's why I'm saying that price should not be a determining point for the purchase of this collection. The collection is not the definitive way to play these 3 games and maybe it is worth for someone to pay 60$ for three games than over 100$ for a Wii/Wii U and these three games + Game Cube controller for Sm64 and Sunshine.
Nintendo overpricing is not anything new and there was just one point in time they knew they were wrong, and was with the release of the 3DS

| >>695688 but consumers are consumers, they pay for what they want and they are the ones who will feel satisfied or not with this product. With this collection there will be a lot of different opinions and Nintendo isn't saying this is the definitve way to play these games. It could have been better like the Master Chief Collection, yes, but Nintendo isn't that way and if you are still interested in Nintendo you know the deal.

| >>695689
Yup. For me it's more than worth it as I basically only use my Switch and would like to have those games on the go. For people who prefer emulators or other consoles, well, it's not for them.

| >>695689 sorry, didn't mean to imply that eBay prices were the ultimate decider of the value of something. All I meant was that if I wanted to play Sunshine without piracy, I'd have to choose between those two versions at fairly similar prices, and if I had to pick between the original or this updated one, I'd pick the updated one. I agree that doesn't justify Nintendo actually deciding to price it that way, it just justifies a purchase for me. Sorry for the misunderstanding

| I have never played any of them for any extended period of time so for me this is a good time to get all of them at once

| >>695552 it's an original version just the last one to be released. iirc this one was a japan only release that fixed a couple bugs

| >>695553 (sorry, double post to correct reply)

it's an original version just the last one to be released. iirc this one was a japan only release that fixed a couple bugs

| I'd enjoy playing SM64 and sunshine without having to fiddle with emulators, but I wouldn't say excited or anything.

| I can't believe they took out "so long gay bowser" bowser is a gay icon you can't just do that to my man

| >>696286 they are porting the second retail of the SM64 Japanese rom which already replaced it. It was done to achieve foreign people would have it easier to understand Mario's English.

| >>696298
Yeah, but it's still sad. No BLJ and no gay Bowser. Still a good game, but I wish they ported the first one.

Total number of posts: 28, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1599813125

This thread is permanently archived