danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Has there been a game where it almost or destroyed your friendship with people?

|

| Not sure if it's been posted before, but oh well

| Mmm not consistently but I would play Soul Calibur 4 with a high school buddy and he would rage hard if I beat him a lot. One of those "wait rematch until I win then we're done" type of guys. So I stopped playing it with him, which sucks, because we both really pushed each other to get much better at the game

| In 2010 I was convinced that nobody could beat me at Just Dance. One song I considered myself particularly good at was Cotton Eye Joe. One day I had a friend over, and I told him about how fucking good I was at Cotton Eye Joe. Of course he thought I was full of shit and challenged me. As it turned out my confidence in my Just Dance skills was misplaced. I lost badly. Unable to accept defeat, I accused him of cheating and tackled him to the ground. We didn't for a while after that.

| That was supposed to say "we didn't talk for a while after that"

| >>694313 that's the funniest shit I've ever read

| 2012, world of tanks, my ex.

| >>694313
Well ...

... where did he come from, where did he go?

| League of Legends (and, to be fair, any other moba as well) brings out the worst and the most toxic in me and my friends. If I kept playing it I'm sure I would've just quit the group one day and never came back.

| COD ghost, Skate, Smash bros Ultimate.

All of them ended in physical fight

| Haha, yeah. Competitive FPS.

Dirty Bomb in particular.

| Also had a huge fight when I hosted a Devil Daggers competition.

| Come to think of it, a long time ago, when I was a young derp and the GameCube and Super Smash Bros Melee were new, we hosted a tournament among my friends and they got into a real bad fight because a couple were poor sports. That one got physical- well, as physical as it could be for 12 to 13 year olds.

| Dungeon & Dragons (as "tabletop" game, that one when you are talking do decisions and so.. bad story teller can really easily do conflicts "^^)

| Csgo is showing me the darkest side of my friends

| Valorant gets tense, but nothing has ever gotten us more mad than 100% Orange Juice.

| I understand the competitive games cases, I too think that brings the worst of every person, but a friendship should be considered if your friends understand your point and try to calm you and just let it pass.
But how the fuck do you lose friends from fighting games & Super Smash Bros? You are not prepared for real world if you don't understand every face of a person.

| I try to tell a friend or my girlfriend when they are getting toxic levels in a game, all I say is that they don't have to get mad for a team member or opposite team member or the devs because everyone has a bad day. And it's not that important to win, you will not win anything, there is no reward as you get the same by losing, so play the game for fun. It's more valuable to say I have played 1000 games with a friend than saying I have won 100 games and lost friends.

| Yeah csgo personally for me, but it's probably any competive game tbh. When people take shit too seriously shit starts to stink.

| >>695140

Well, we were dumb kids at the time, and to make matters worse, a bunch of said friends disliked each other to begin with. So the competition just made any animosity worse.

| >>695140

>fighting games aren't competitive
that's a hot take there g/u/rl, make sure you don't burn yourself on that

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1599460849

This thread is permanently archived