danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Broken games

| I'm looking for good games where you can break and abuse the mechanics in cool ways.

As in, games that are fun, but not super polished.

| Wrong board, fuck. Sorry mods :(

| Check out Spiff.

| Games from Bethesda studios are unpolished as fuck and can be abused in numbers of ways.

| >>685161
Yeah. I'm looking for games that I haven't played though.

| Eye: Divine Bovinecy
Divinity: Original Sin
Arcanum

| Oh and don't forget Morrowind

| >>685231
I'll assume you meant Cybermancy on that first one. Those are actually games I didn't expect to see her (probably because I haven't played them). Thanks!

| Yakuza Series: Tiger drop, a move that needs to be timed just as the enemy about to hit you. It deals a lot of damage and fill up your special move bar.

Disgaea Series: You can dive and level up your weapon. If you spend enough time abusing the extra level, lv 1 character equipped with that weapon is capable killing lv 1000 enemies.

| Valkyria Chronicles Series: It is a turn based steategy game which scores you on how fast you clear the stage. Normally you'll play it slow and avoid getting shot by taking cover. But if you are aiming for the highest score, you use special abilities to reduce damage taken and increase movement. So you are basically running trough the map, ignoring the enemies while taking gunshots from all directions. Basically taking out all the strategy elements in the game.

| >>685272 >>685273
Huh. Damn. Thank you. That's really cool.
I have games from all of those franchises, and while I knew about the Disgaea, I didn't know about the other ones. Probably won't use it but it's nice info to have.

| Binding of Isaac is all about breaking the game, it almost never gets old

| >>685471
Eh, not exactly what I'm looking for. It's a great game and all, but, yeah, nah.

| You could pickup melee if you want a platform fighter, slippi gives really good online and there's plenty of technical stuff to abuse

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0jHms8cI5Kw
Example of broken tech, even if you probably won't ever get the really ridiculous one, shown at the end, in a real game

| >>685533
Oh, I'm very aware of how broken Melee is and I absolutely love it. I'm mostly looking for single player games though, but that type of broken is really fun.

| >>685333 glad you find it worth reading

More: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

Some demon can learn a passive skill called "Bright Might" or "Dark Might" which can be inherited by fusion to other demons.

That passive guarantee a critical hit if you are battling in Fullmoon or Newmoon. The thing is, the Moonphase only change if you move around the map, it stays still in battle. If you want to abuse it, you can teach 3 of your demons Bright Might and only fight bosses on Fullmoon.

| Critical hit is really usefull in that game, not only that you get more damage than usual, you also get extra turns for each crit hit. So if you crit on all your turns, you can turn 4 turns into 8 turns.

| >>2893a6
You know, homie, I asked for broken games, but you're just teaching me cheese for lots of different games from franchises I like, and I'm loving it!
If you've got more, keep it coming!

| >>685592 hmm, if you're at all interested in speedrunning take a look at dishonoured 1 any%, we constantly use blink to clip through walls and collision to fly up walls

| >>685834
I only have Dishonoured 1 on PS4 though. I feel like that sort of clipping would be harder and less, like, fast, when it's with a controller, you know? I'll probably check out the speedrun regardless though, because that sounds pretty sick, so, thanks :)

| PS4 version can slip clip but elevators are frame rate dependant unfortunately, PS4 is 30fps but you need about 150 to make them consistent, it's a really cool run though :p

| >>686044
Yeah, I expected the PS4 version to be worse for it. It definitely sounds like a cool run though.

| >>685161

Oblivion for sure

Jump literally everywhere and work on potions constantly. A few hours in you'll be able to leap clear over city walls and craft potions of virtual invincibilty that hurt your attacker.

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1596705187

This thread is permanently archived