danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Min Min in Smash

| Personally, I'm hyped that they chose the best character from the game, and she looks like a genuinely sick character. I'm very happy about this.

| *nods in satisfaction*

| *nods in satisfaction as well*

| * also nods in satisfaction and gives a head pat to op

| *OP nods in satisfaction from hedpat*

| I'm just happy that Arms has more representation in SMASH

| >>672556 I agree. Arms deserves more love.

| >>672575
I've played the game and I think it's trash, but the characters, world, music, and basically everything except for the gameplay is really cool, and I'm really happy about them using some of that for Smash.

| >>672604 its not trash its just not for you, the gameplay is very fluid and there are manh techniques to learnd, since it plays better with motion controls, wich means there is a super hight skill cealing and its not for most people, I my self have 90 hours on that game

| >>672635
In my opinion in is. My opinion is very, very subjective. I played it with motion controls obviously, but I just didn't like it. Like, at all. It felt like rock, paper, scissors if paper was a better option than the other two. I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

| >>672640 what do you mean if papaer was better? Some times dodgeing is beter than engaging certain moves with a rock paper scissor mentallity, in high rank play its way deeper than that.I'm just curious about your opinion, not trying to start a big dabate,

| >>672648
I just didn't like it is all. Like, I just found it boring. I found it to have, like, not nearly enough options for my tastes. The grabbing was kinda broken. That might have been changed, or maybe I was just at a low level, but I could win by throwing just a few punches and spamming grab. I also don't find it very fun to play with motion controls. I prefer quick and precise button presses over physically throwing punches and stuff. Just wasn't for me.

| Also, I don't mind talking about it. I made this thread to talk about Min Min, but honestly, there's not that much to say about Min Min. She just looks really cool and cute.

| >>672752 I mean, by the way your matches sound, it looks like you've been playing with newbies and low level cpu, and tips for dealing with grabs: either jump or punch it

| If you just play by controlers than it becomes kinda hard and annoying to play, motion is hard to get used to but the results are coo and has many advanced curved punch strats just like splatoon with motion controls they are responsive precise and superior to button presses sinc you dont need to stop pressing a button to move an analog or reach a button on some awkward part of the controler for your thumbs, but not shaming controler players, its fun like that too

| >>672756
Newbies, definitely.

>>672758
I just don't like it. That's it homie. I'm not bashing the game. It's just not my cup of tea.

| >>672781 yeah I got that, just wanted to explain why it might not be a game for everyone and wht motions controls are cool when done right

| >>672799
Fair enough.

| Now, let's change the topic to Min Min's moveset.

It looks fucking insane! Like, yeah, she definitely has some weaknesses that might be very exploitable by some characters, but she looks like she can absolutely ruin lives if played right!

| >>672851 I feel like she is the perfec counter to the belmonts, se has crazy disjoint and a reflect, bassically an anti zoner who is also a good zoner, and she has a very cool and new gameplay

| >>672854
Not just Belmonts. She looks like she just automatically wins against projectile heavy characters. Well, obviously not automatically, but Belmonts, Villager/Isabelle, Duck Hunt, Olimar, (Dark)Samus, Robin, Megaman and probably R.O.B. would have a very hard time. Maybe even Link, if the stage has platforms. It's kinda fucked up.

| >>672756 people has to start somewhere, if you have to pass through something boring and spend time and effort to get to the fun part, there's a big amount of people who don't beat games's story because of this.

Also it's Arms, you can't say it gets better, it's the same all over again
Arms would have worked better if it was some arena game like Kid Icarus's Multiplayer

Min min looks cool and fits Smash, it's like looking at her and saying "wasn't she already on Smash?"

| But it's sad they are not doing unique ghrapics on stages anymore, having the cell-shading from the reveal trailer on the stage would have been really cool but I understand this can break the game with the stage merger and unique textures for all 80 fighters and their items and more to it, but it's nice to imagine it. Maybe on an Arms sequel (hoping the genre is something new)

| >>673300
She definitely fits in Smash, and that first shit you said is very true. I have a hard time committing to things I genuinely find fun and exciting. Spending hours and hours on something just so it can get a little bit better is not worth it for me at all.

| >>673300 but there is nothing boring blocking you, its just getting used to the controls, wich are very different from what most people are used to, if you dont feel like learning the game then its better to quit, theres no shame in it, but also dont go saying that the game has a barrier, since its all just a skill based game with nothing else

| And arms doesnt feel like a "it gets better" type of game its more of a "learn to like it or quit" game, and again there is nothing wrong with quiting

| >>673344
I wasn't saying that though...
It feels like you're very protective when it comes to the game. What's fun or not is subjective. I didn't enjoy it, so it's not fun for me.

>>673345
That's essentially the same thing though. Put in X amount of time and then you'll enjoy it more. Same concept.

| >>673360 its not that same as having an actual artifial barrier, like the great plateau breath of the wild(the game is good, just using the closest example), its an obligatory part of the game with that you have to over come if you want the full experience, like a level that you have to pass to actually start to enjoy the game(the GP gets repetivive whith multiple playtrhoughs)

| Arms doesnt have an artificial barier, just a skill barrier that exist because of the diefferent controls, I dont want to look like Im overly defensive, its just that I dont like when people say a game is bad just cuz they cant get good at it, there are more valid reasons to say why arms isnt good such as lack of content, not enough variety of weapons, lacklusting storymode etc

| Min Min for the Win Win!

| >>673368 >>673369
That's not what I'm saying and I'm sick of explaining that. Just make a thread about ARMS if you want to continue.

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1593158174

This thread is permanently archived