danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Y'all should play Riviera

| Riviera The Promised Land is a great RPG on GBA and its a harem so

| I did play Riviera, and I can vouch for its greatness. We need more games in the series.

| I recently got around to finishing it. Its a pretty good game. A second game would be great.

| It's a series already, look up Dept Heaven.

| Play on psp for those high res bath scenes

| Serene best girl

| It's been years since I played it. The last thing that happened was getting best girl, aka red haired mage

| Still haven't finished it

| Yeah you're like not even a quarter in if you're just getting cierra

| I definitely need to pick it up again, but every year that goes by is another game or dozen for the backlog

| Nice, more people that played this gem, I want to play it againsomeday because I'm sure I missed lots of things(thankfully not the bath scenes)

| I'm still working on it. Like what I've seen so far

| >best girl
>anyone but Rose

| Oooh, yeah, that's a great game. Beat the GBA version quite a fricking while ago. Got Serene's ending, probably not the best girl, but fine for me.
Hmm, I kinda wanna go get the PSP version now.

| Honestly all the girls are great but I liked fia the most. Plus she was necessary in battle so

| Plus I mean the Dept. Heaven games aren't really sequel to eachother. Like if you've played Yggdra Union, That game is just basically Fire Emblem/ Advance Wars but with cards

| You found a decent use for Fia? She was out of my party most of the time on my run, with everyone else pretty consistently outperforming her unless I had one of those special swords she can purify. Did I miss something about her?

| I found her healing useful in alot of boss battles, plus she's able to use both magic and attacking skills. Also if you're out of TP you can just abuse banishment to quickly get an S on any battle that's not a boss.

| Also if you there's a certain boss you hate in the game just save the rosier you got in heavens gate and use fia’s over skill with it for instant death

| The healing definitely came through in a couple battles, you're right. I never used banishment or any really limited use items though, I've got a crippling problem with Elixer-like items.
Maybe I should do a No Practumice run or something. It'd definitely make the game harder to get through.

| I didn't get anyones ending. Fia was the highest by the end, but still no ending.

| How do you even do that?

| There is a "bad end" that's basically just rose but not the rose end

| Fia also has the 2nd lowest wait time of 25, right after Lina, who has 20. She outshines Serene on that BIGTIME who has a really slow wait time of 42, whereas Cierra has 35.

| also I'm the thread maker idk why my ID changed

| >>69107
Prolly your IP changed, or some other weird mumbo jumbo reasons.

| >>69107 all you do is -(name) -LightmanZX

| it helps knowing who you are so people can tell

| I use it -LightmanZX

| Maybe I'm just stuck on big numbers, but she never seemed to hit hard enough to make the speed worth it. Or maybe I just didn't get enough items for her. I should really replay it.

| Ye but serene has a scythe

| It's just because Fia is a Balanced Character Since she uses both magic and melee attacks. Serene will always outshine Fia when it comes to strength but Fia will outshine her in every other stat. Cierra will outshine her in magic but Fia will beat her in every other stat and so will everyone else because Cierra has trash stats besides magic. So if you only focus on big numbers you are better off just using Cierra and Serene. -MITZI

| However since Fia can fit both their roles and is faster with way higher HP and the ability to heal I usually just pick 1 other and then Fia

| That makes perfect sense, and I did mostly use those two. The big number focus meant I mostly wasn't in situations where I needed healing though. I'll probably change my mind on that if I go for that no practice run. Healing will be a lot more important if I can't just out-stat everything and stun everything I couldn't outstat.

| Wow, I never think I ever see Riviera being discuss anywhere. That's just a gem on the gba that desperate need a remake, port on other system or sequel for people to realize its greatness. Good story, likable characters, and rock solid game play. I never feel like I have to grind or over level in that game, which keep the pace awesomely. Best gem 10/10 will throw that rock through the lake again

| You know the gba one WAS an enhanced port, and then it was ported AGAIN to psp right?

| Oh. Port on any living system, I meant. Switch will be the perfect platform for this game.

| Riviera would actually do nicely with touch controls. It pretty much already makes a good cellphone game.
Heck, put it on Android.

Total number of posts: 38, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1513569868

This thread is permanently archived