danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Best resource to learning Tetris?

| Just started out with the whole Tetris rabbithole, and I'm looking for a good resource to build up a good foundation. Every guide I see has just been about T-spins and the such. Would really appreciate the help

| Tetris is e-sport now?

| Hasn't it been an e-sport since a few years ago?

| I don't know baby didn't follow the scene

| >>671358
Hasn't it been an e-sport since A WHILE ago?

| I mean it's enough of a thing games done quick did a Tetris block a while back

| I dont know what they use in competition, but I like PoyoPoyoTetris. The people online are really crazy so just putting in alot of hours and trying to copy others strategies might be a good place to start.

| https://www.polygon.com/guides/2019/2/22/18225349/tetris-strategy-tips-how-to-jonas-neubauer

| I'll look into that, and yeah I guess everything still does fall into just absurd amounts of practice

| No pun intended

| Suisei <3

| Tetris has been an "e-sport" longer than most of us have been alive, ngl. It just wasn't called an e-sport yet.

| >>671477
I shudder at the thought of opposing her in-game.

| If you're looking for a resource to help learn Modern/Guideline Tetris, then four.lol and the Hard Drop Wiki are good resources to use. In regard to Nestris and TGM, i don't know of any resources to use to help you, sorry.

| >>672865
Not OP, but I just visited four.lol and realized that I don't want to learn Tetris after all.

...okay no maybe I still do, but this shit looks too hard

| >>672949
It's not too terribly difficult to get into, most of the stuff there are openers, which aren't critical, but do have some value, everything else are setups and stacking patterns, stacking patterns aren't necessary to learn, and setups are most useful if you can see opportunities to build them. To be fair, the best resource to start with would actually be this video: https://youtu.be/lCPeBiRe8GU
and other videos made by Garbo.
I should have mentioned these before, sorry.

| Tetris player of two years, pretty much just practice a lotttt and watch YouTube and practice all the strategies until you can do multiples of them quickly and well in a row with Marathon mode.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is my favorite for competitive, and that's what I've played mostly, but basically just start with t spin triples, then try perfect clear, then two wide, three wide, and four wide, and try and chain it together until you feel ready to take on online ranked.

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1593074792

This thread is permanently archived