danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is EVE online worth it?

| Everyone talks about it like it's something special, hardcore and hard do describe - but all I can see is just a regular old MMORPG with more of a focus on items rather than skill trees. Social part is good, but if I'm not willing to live there - is there anything /really/ worthwile beyond alpha, or am I seeing this right?

| Because at a glance it looks like an ideal mishmash of interesting systems and things to explore, but in practice you either shoot rocks, shoot\tank\buff\debuff ships or jump from gate to gate with a haul of caldari pentalope screws. Oh, you also can play the same minigame over and over agan to find nothing of real interest. Maybe money n some form or another. Please tell me I'm missing something, I don't want to be disappointed in this game.

| It used to be huge, but it's slowly dying. We used to call it 'space spreadsheet simulator' for a good reason. If you are just getting into it now, alone or as a solo player, there's not really that much that it provides that is better than modern single-player space games.
It's worth playing for a while, if only to see what the basic benchline for the experience is. Like you said, theres a lot of interesting systems interacting, and those can be enjoyed.

| >>670641
But at the end of the day it's still an MMO. The social aspect is a major component, and the game falls flat if you don't interact with it.

Total number of posts: 4, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1592453586

This thread is permanently archived