danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Persona 4 Golden on PC

| Kinda surprised there wasn't a thread about this already.
https://steamdb.info/app/1113000/
There's also a leaked Denuvo support page, but this ought to be enough, really.

Thoughts? Personally, I'm glad Atlus is finally porting *any* kind of SMT to PC for once.

| >Persona 4
>any kind of SMT
Yeahhh wellll that's a stretch...

| >>668616
I know this might be disappointing, but P4 and the Personas before it are SMT. P5 is when the SMT prefix got ditched.

| Kinda sad it got leaked. They were planning on a major reveal with PC Gaming Show on June 13, exactly the date the game is set to arrive. Imagine the hype if they revealed "Persona 4 Golden on PC, out RIGHT NOW".

| >>668623
Shit, hadn't even thought about that. Although, while I would agree it's a shame, it still ain't too bad - if anything, having a level of somewhat unbearable hype is arguably better.
...Kind of, anyway. I think that came out wrong.

| Sorry, I'm not going to give more money to Atlus, I already played the PS2 and Vita version. They are craving for money so much.
Instead of doing these useless things they should work on SMTV.

| >>668658 neck yourself

| >>668658
The other anon might've been harsh, but I have to agree with him in the fact that this is kind of a dumb take. V's almost certainly being worked on under covers - besides, it's not like P5's development was all too talked-about either.

That aside, buying Golden on PC may very well show Atlus that there's an actual market and some potential here. As-is, I'm 95% certain that Sony just shoved them into making a port for money or whatnot.

| It's out, boys.
>20€ for standard, 25€ for deluxe
>150 reviews at 98% positive, possibly growing
Requirements indicate that it seems to be fairly optimized, but the size is a bit offputting - 14 gigabytes recommended, specifically.

Outside of that, this is a dream come true. God fucking *damn*.

| >>28dfcf that's actually a lot better pricing than I was expecting

| >>669475
Well worth it. No debate. I'm only an hour in so far, but god, there's a great deal of nostalgia and beauty in it off the bat.

Buttery smooth and crisp as hell, too. I shouldn't be surprised, but it's still damn fine, visually.

| >>668616 what are you talking about? SMT IV: Apocalypse is pretty much just Persona after apocalypse.

Mascot characters, check. Party member gets upgraded as you go with the story, check. Teenagers arguing about who got the kill, check. Peeping scene, check. Gimmicky final battle in which everyone is fighting with you, check.

| >>669567
SMT IV: Apocalypse is ass tbh. Series went the wrong way there.

| >>669587 and what make you think that they are not going to just roll with it and went to edgier Persona path?

I mean, just look at fire emblem, it went full waifu after the 3DS games, got more popular and never went back.

| >>669598
Well Echoes sorta went back, although that one's a remake. Three Houses also feels way less waifu-oriented, and thankfully no fucking time babies this time around.

Anyway. There's always hope.

| >>669600 you say that and yet fans are still horny over Echoes characters. Fire Emblem will always capitalize on waifus. FEH is proof of that.

Anyway, in case anyone hasn't notice, Persona 4 Golden on Steam has Denuvo DRM. It's been affecting people's experience with the game, from messing with character models to lagging the FMV anime scenes.

Atlus is looking into it and I hope they remove it at some point. Denuvo never does anyone a favor.

| >>669695
Fans were horny over fucking FE7 characters, this means nothing. Still, there are ways to capitalize on waifus tastefully, unlike Awakening's and Fates' eugenics-fest. But that's a topic for a different discussion, let's not derail this thread anymore.

Denuvo sure sucks, I'll definitely wait until they remove it.

| Aside from the character models and their uh sprites or illustrations or whatever the backgrounds look worse than on the ps2 or maybe not worse they just look cheap?

| Also I see p5 lovers hating on it because they didn't get a new p5 game but instead a game from many years ago

| Tbh I'm just happy any of their games made it to the PC, would have been cool if it was "shoot yourself" p3 that got the remaster though lol

| >>669717
This. Lost my shit when I heard of it at first and I'd love to see where Atlus goes from here.

That said, four hours into it. Great stuff. QoL updates are nice, and card picking is helluva lot better than I anticipated. Thank God there's no reliance on wheel spins anymore.

Also, what's with the Marie hate? She's a cute! A CUTE!

| >>669768 Marie's personality of 'omg you read my poetry that was lying around in public reeefuckyoufaggotihateyou' is objectively trash. And it looks even worse when there's a bunch of great characters with their own more compelling personal stories in the same game as her.

Thank god Atlus learned in Royal to not make their extra characters so cancerous

| >>669962 Not cool. I don't like her either but we don't need to shame Marie fans' taste.

| >>669962 you are objectively trash

Also who is Marie I haven't played this yet

| >>669695 atlus has a cult following, most of them won't care about denuvo long as they can play it on PC.

Well, you can say that to almost all popular JRPG fanbase, really. It makes me wonder why Epic doesn't bother pursuading JRPGs to be their exclusive.

Poaching indie games gets them bad PR, while getting JRPG titles will bring happy customers to their doorstep.

| >>670119
A character addition to P4G. Acts as the main piece for the extension of Golden's storyline, since you have to max her Social Link to unlock another two or three months of the story.
>>670121
>most of them won't care about denuvo long as they can play it on PC
Guilty as charged, lmao. I've seen dozens of posts shitting on the release because of Denuvo, but that hasn't stopped me from having a blast and a half.
So far, anyway.

| Denuvo sucks but I hate epic way more

| >>670070 I'm not shaming her fans by saying that I detest her writing. It's a poor addition to the Persona 4 story and poorer quality than all of the other social links and character arcs.

>>670119 Play the game and you'll see what I mean.

Total number of posts: 28, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1592419908

This thread is permanently archived