danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
There is any problem in play MGSV First?

| I have never played Metal Gear series and i was thinking about giving it a try, there's any important thing I'll miss If i start with Phantom Pain?

| I would want to know this too

| The MG lore is pretty complex, so in my opinion you should be able to enjoy it no matter where in the franchise you start. I know people who have only played MGSV and had a great time. Maybe you miss out on a few references to older games, but considering the fact that MG literally has games where entire games just, like, aren't real/didn't happen and the timeline is pretty strange, like, you're not missing out.

| As far as relevant backstory goes, you're going to miss the context for who Big Boss/Snake is as a person and how things lead up to the events of Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain. Specifically a PSP/PS3 game called Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

As for the story itself, you might find it surreal in its own. But compared to the rest of the series, it's actually pretty tame with its weirdness and takes itself too seriously. The only campy fun you get is in the gameplay.

| If you can - play in order, if you can't yep it's fine. First mgs I played was the 4th and it felt fine. Maybe start with ground zero though. One might argue it's not worth the asking price with how little content it offers, but at the same time it feels perfect for what little it offers. It is the prequel to V.

Total number of posts: 5, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1591385600

This thread is permanently archived