danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Which version is better?

| I've been thinking about emulating Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but should I go for the DS versions or the GC versions? Are the DS ports more polished or should I go for the ones that are made for big screen?

| I played both of those on the 64. Was unaware of the other versions.

| >>665492
Ah, okay. Yeah, they were ported to both GC, DS and I think Wii as well? So I'm wondering big if I should go for the GC port or the DS port. I don't know if they're the same, just with one having two screens.

| If you're emulating (as opposed to playing on the real console), I'd probably say go for the oldest version to ensure compatibility (so, N64). The difference between versions is pretty minor, from what I know.

And I'm pretty sure it's on 3DS, not the DS.

| The 3DS version changes some art styles and lighting and is less atmospheric in my opinion but the polygon count and texture resolution is higher.

I'd go for emulating the N64 versions since (afaik) they're pretty much identical to the GC versions except for the texture resolution being upscaled on the latter.

| >>665728 >>665739
Wouldn't higher resolution be ideal though, since I'm gonna be playing on a decent size monitor?

Also, yeah, it's 3DS, my bad.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1591319091

This thread is permanently archived