danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
what are some game lore that interested you more than the game ?

| like you played the game, thought it was okay, looked at the lore and got way more into it than the actual game

| Can't think of any. Usually lore is a nice extra but it won't make or break my enjoyment of a game. The gameplay and storytelling are much more important.

| I guess fnaf

| halo

| also fnaf, the lore behind it is more interesting than the game itself lol

| Overwatch

| Bloodborne

| I never played any of the games but Nier has some pretty interesting and fourth-wall breaking lore.

| supr Marrio 64

| but for real i guess league of legends

| >>659933 league has sum mad lore ngl, but I think most people would disagree lol, don't take it as an attack

| Kirb has a nice lore too but the games are all very fun and simple so I guess it doesnt count here

| .hack series but I haven't played all the games

| >>659947
Really depends on the story and character I think. There's so many, with so many writers. They can't all be winners, but I think most of them are imo :)

| Eye divine cybermancy for sure
Gotta love em cycles of guilt

| hyper light drifter. the game itself was alright, but i kept playing because of the world.

| +1 for League. Their lore was super interesting, but I've heard they're changing it.

| Touhou series *_*

| >>661797 +1. I'm scared to get into Touhou lore, with the amount there is. And it's all pretty neat too.

| >>661725 +1

| Axiom Verge is a decent but pretty standard fare metroidvania, but the lore made me go nuts about it

| Oh, also Cultist Simulator. The game in essence is one big Lore, although the gameplay is grindy

| >>663152
Gosh, yes. I find the gameplay flat-out abusive, but the lore is interesting. Would rather read some player's accounts of playing it than playing it myself

| >>660454 +1

| Titanfall/Apex

| I mean I wouldn't play Zelda if it didn't have its lore, but I love the gameplay too, even though every game is unique and different, I can't seem to think I would play a game that has lore like Zelda neither playing a game that has gameplay like Zelda (I find Oceanhorn unlikely at all both gameplay and lore and it tries to mimic Zelda, but it's a no for me)

| I love Dishonoured, but the lore it teases through the paintings and books makes me want to sail to the other countries and find the weird legends there.

| Undertale. Games good but the Lore behind with dr Gasper is what made me stay up at night in my teeny years

| Doom tbh
Hayden made the slayer, made vega iirc and theyre essentially gods. Cool shit man

| Rain World... kinda. Gameplay is great but holy shit the lore is insane and has some really cool ideas.

| >>660454
The .hack series isn't a game , but the simulation of playing an MMO. The forum posts remain accurate to this day.

| >>664431
Also the .hack//SIGN OST is really great, I definitely recommend a listen.

| >>cd35b7 I only ever got about an hour or two into the game before giving up despite loving the aesthetic and movement. Is there a story and lore in there tho? Does that come up later?

| One of them would probably be Katana Zero. I love the game, but man. The lore there is so fucking cool. I really just want to know more about the world than I want to actually be playing the game.

I know there are some games that I have big time geeked out about where the lore is better than the gameplay z but I can't remember them right now. I'll sleep on it.

| >>661797
This
Gameplay is really basic, but the lore is basically the entire east-asian mythology with cute girls.

| Surprised no one said Girls' Frontline yet, lol.

| >>664938
Arknights, too.

| It was deus ex for me.

| I dunno if it counts, since it's based off a tabletop RPG, but Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines is based on some very interesting lore

| >>665067 >>664938
I enjoy both Arknights and GFL in terms of lore and gameplay. They strike a good balance for me, especially during the events they pull.

Kinda sad that there are so many story skippers in the community tho, the lore is what makes the games more compelling. but hey aint gonna hate on em

| >>665410
That lore is dope. I suck it up like a vacuum and is basically a walking wiki.

| >>665410
It definitely counts. I know people who love stuff like D&D, not because they play it, but because they love the lore and the books. Same with stuff like Warhammer. The books and general lore is probably more popular than the game.

Total number of posts: 42, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1591286285

This thread is permanently archived